CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Marty, What ever are we going to do with you?? :lol:

Trish, we had plans to come to the balloons too but as is typical for us, work got in the way Dang it anyway.

We did have a great trip down the Locksa river in Idaho to Lewiston. We styed up in the mountains, no telephone, television or other tele's. Just us, mother nature and three other idiots camping.

We are now down at Wallowa Lake State Park near Joseph Or. Beautiful park with Deer everywhere. One guy was hooking up his utilities and had to wait for a 8 point buck to graze by. We'll stay here a couple of nights and be in Pendleton sometime late Thursday.

Anyone feel like they need a driving challenge just drive Idaho 129 south from Asotin Id to Enterprise Or. It's called the Rattlesnake. Fun fun fun. Cathy didn't see a thing, she had her head down the whole way. :_)

Leland & Cathy

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah but Leland...driving challenging roads is part of the fun.

We are cold...we are damp but we only have one more Dr. appt for Ron and then we can GO. Plan to be heading toward Virginia Beach by the 25th.....sooner if possible!! Planning on ripping up bread for stuffing and watching the Macy's Parade with 2 granddaughters.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We are now parked in Sanibel, FL until March 2011 for our volunteer assignment at "Ding" Darling NWR. We are excited to be able to serve another year at this wonderful site. Look forward to a great opportunity of learning.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Greg - We're on the road now, too - if'n you want to change our spot or dot or splat or ....

Had a great time with John's dad in Iowa and visiting with some family and old friends. But, as usual, hitch-itchy set in (AND there was FROST two am's!!) so we're headed south. Gonna visit a friend in Missouri and another in Arkansas on the way. Beautiful day here in IA and MO. See you late next week, Jay & Fay!!!

Stay safe, everyone, and good luck to all with health and rig issues.

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

J&L we are looking forward to seeing you!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... bad news...Jay ate the last Gonzales hamburger!! Martha's has been closed but will open soon with the fried ice cream. YUM....... Yell when you get here and we'll get together.

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

J&L we are looking forward to seeing you!!!!!!!!!!!!! But.... bad news...Jay ate the last Gonzales hamburger!! Martha's has been closed but will open soon with the fried ice cream. YUM....... Yell when you get here and we'll get together.

Well hell then.....with the last Gonzales' burger gone...I got no reason to come down that way !!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Stalking Our Friends Map, Greg that is so funny! We left Salt Lake City yesterday and are currently in Rock Springs, Wyoming but heading south to New Mexico fast as they just used the snow word on the Casper weather forecast.

Heading to New Mexico and then back to Rockport, Texas, for the winter. Anyone that goes there give a holler if you want to fish or Kayak. We dont want to get there too soon however as its still hurricane season.

Is anyone going into Mexico this winter? Our friends and family are all dead set against us crossing the border.

Safe travels to all.

Mark and Renita

Is anyone going into Mexico this winter? Our friends and family are all dead set against us crossing the border.

Safe travels to all.

Mark and Renita

We have fellow workampers checking out Progresso this week. Their report is that the general situation in the RGV seems to be a bit worse than last year but that folks are still going to Progresso for dental work, etc. We'll keep you posted. We might sneak up and see you for a few days this winter if we can pry ourselves loose from cards with the 90 y.o.'s and shuffleboard with the 80 y.o.'s! And - we have a boat again! Picked up a Sea Eagle canoe/kayak a couple months ago. We were missing boating big time! Figured we could always take it over to SPI and play around in the lagoon area.

Jay & Fay - can you hear a faint yell? We're getting closer. Almost to Springfield MO. We're counting on Jay to help Gonzalez Burgers find some more beef before we get there. John promises your choice of carrot cake or cinnamon roll if you do!

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

....well if carrot cake is made available........that DEFINITELY is a reason to show up in the RGV !!!!

Safe travels everyone !!!

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

YA'll have fun in Texas this winter...we will miss hanging out with all of you.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Hi All

We're still in Pa. We had a granddaughter born on Sept 10th. We will be watching her and her brother on Oct 17 and on the 19th we bring in the slides and start moving. After stops in Myrtle Beach & Savannah we'll head to Florida for the month on Nov. We're planning on spending Thanksgiving at Chambers Farm with the SKP Boomers. From there we'll go back into Ga. for Dec. camphosting at Reed Bingham SP. Next summer we're going to Alaska with a few other folks and the decision hasn't been made if we're going to enter Canada from Mt. (if so we'll winter in Tx.) or Wash (if so we'll winter in Az.).

Travel Safe everyone. Hopefully we can catch up with some of you this winter.

Tom & Paula

How slow can you go? It took us 8 days to get from Sumter Oaks to McDill AFB, a grand total of 65 miles. At this speed we will make it to Key West by Jan 1.

We have been enjoying the Gulf Coast, and will continue enjoying the Sunshine State.

Thought about running over to the RGV for a "Gonzales Burger" but since Jay ate the last one I guess we will settle for a Margarita in Margaritaville.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Just left a great visit with Sandy & Mike. They are on their way back toward Minnisota. We have been blessed to have so many of our friends stop over in our neck of the woods. While we are certainly close to family it is nice to get hugs from our buddies.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

We have fellow workampers checking out Progresso this week. Their report is that the general situation in the RGV seems to be a bit worse than last year but that folks are still going to Progresso for dental work, etc. We'll keep you posted. We might sneak up and see you for a few days this winter if we can pry ourselves loose from cards with the 90 y.o.'s and shuffleboard with the 80 y.o.'s! And - we have a boat again! Picked up a Sea Eagle canoe/kayak a couple months ago. We were missing boating big time! Figured we could always take it over to SPI and play around in the lagoon area.

Thanks for the info on Mexico. Hope you can make it up for kayaking We are currently at Capulin, NM checking out the Volcano and then heading further south.

Well the Dr's are done with Ron son ow we just have to wait for his RX' refills to arrive in the mail and do a fewmore things for my MOM. She won't be happy when we leave but will insist that we go. So still not sure of the date but we sure have a bad case of "hitch-itch".

On another note I spoke with Fay & Jay today....Jay is eating her out of house and home because of the steriods....Fay is trying to rest and get herself well, she is threatening Jay with the installation of a dishwasher since he is making so many dirty dishes. Continue to keep them in your prayers.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Joe - John wants a margarita, too, so drink one for him, OK?

Jay, how's the burger situation there? We're ahead of schedule and coming in today. Hope to see you tomorrow or the next day (or whenever John gets the bakery up and running!).

We've had a great trip south and really enjoyed our day in Branson MO with David & Kathy. We ate at Mel's Hard Luck Diner where the staff take turns singing - and they are really good! Food was good, too. Definitely a place to return to and spend some more time. Thanks again for joining us, David & Kathy - see you down the road!

Mark & Renita - there's a volcano in NM?????

Ron, hope the meds are doing the trick for you!

Looking forward to seeing anyone else who wanders through the RGV this winter...

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

Fay said you already ate the LAST Gonzalas Burger! Should I take it that they will make more?

We had a fun and interesting day with the jet skis, I'll have to write a blog about it.

Anyone looking for two skis?

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

I just read about your jet ski adventure and truly wish that I had been there!!!!! I was ROTFLMAO!!!! :D I actually would love to hear Marcia's take on all of this. Since we still plan to try and get to the Keys during Dec I would love a repeat show so please don't sell them before we get there. When do you plan to get there and will you be there for Christmas???

We will be spending Jan to March in Savannah but will try and catch up with all the FL folks in Dec.

One request to the class....would someone please find the breakdown gremlin that has been running around like a madman amongst our class and bury him....we just found out that we need new tie rods on the truck.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Stay in touch....don't know our exacct route after Va.Beach.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Ok gang we have landed in Altus Ok are staying in the fam camp on base here it has 7 FHU sites .Will be here till Monday then slowly heading west.

J&L we also enjoyed our visit with you two & Mary in Branson. Please give Jay & Fay a big old hug for us. Those burgers down there must be really special. Will have to go to the valley sometime and try them for our selves.

Greg & Jean whats the latest on MH? Hope You will be traveling soon. Big Red is having a great season so far.

Safe travels gang.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

David the motor home is still in Elkhart - we are going next Thursday to see the best built motor home known to modern man !!! Hopefully it will meet muster and we will FINALLY get to drive it back to Nebraska !!!

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

Archived