CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

No El Nino this year, Dave. They only happen about every 5-7 years. Instead we get the opposite this year, La Nina.

In a La Nina the PNW is much wetter and colder (they were mild and dry last winter, remember), while the SW is drier and hotter than normal. Arizona won't see the rain like last winter, and the RGV will be particularly warmer and drier. Eastern portions of the southern US will be drier and warmer as well; the current cold dry weather is a characteristic of La Nina as it develops during the season. Folk there can expect improving conditions soon.

Sure hope you're right and it gets warmer soon. :lol:

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave's right we had a wonderful visit with him and Kathy, and they filled us in on all their visits with many of you this past summer. We are moving to Ontario, Ca today for about 3 weeks of holiday time with the kids and grandkids, then it's back to Q where we hope we will see everyone who comes for the Q season in Jan-Feb.

Right now it's 75 and windy here in Moore Haven...cold front is coming in for a couple of days, then back into the upper 60's and low 70's. We'll hang here till the end of the month then move north a little to Lakeland. Sure hoping Jan/Feb warm up a bit. We have to be in FL for Feb for two different events...no Arizona this year. Sigh...

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Snow in Virginia Beach again this AM. Makes me feel like Christmas.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Sorry to hear about all the cold nasty weather so many of you are experiencing. We are going to have our share pretty soon -- 49 this morning and only going up to 70 here in southern California today; then steadily cooler over the next few days with chance of showers. But we are sympathetic; we remember how cold it was last year in Florida -- brrrrr!!!! :(

We just got accepted for three 1 month volunteering gigs in Oregon for next year. Thought we would give it a try and heard that the Oregon State Parks were super to their volunteers. We'll be at Washburne (beach) in April; The Cove Palisades (high desert) in May; Red Bridge (near La Grange) in August -- 3 different environments but all involving water: ocean, lake, river/stream.

Norah & Howie, as you know I'm sure from living in northern CA so close to the Oregon border, it's beautiful up there in so many different ways. That sounds like a great summer plan! Hope you are having a good holiday visit with family in SoCal. How long are you planning to stay in Q, or is that set in jello?

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Norah & Howie, as you know I'm sure from living in northern CA so close to the Oregon border, it's beautiful up there in so many different ways. That sounds like a great summer plan! Hope you are How long are you planning to stay in Q, or is that set in jello?

Carolyn, our plan, right now, is to be in Q until the 3rd or 4th week in Feb. We want to make a nice slow drive north to Oregon, visiting friends along the way. But we haven't decided just when to leave Q. Are you thinking about coming to Q sometime this winter?

Norah it sounds as if you have chosen perfect places to be.....someday we will make it to the PNW. Miss allof you in sunny warmth.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Linda, you guys have to see the PNW. Sure, it's completely populated with dope-smoking liberals, anarchists, and illegals, but it's also a place where you can park in a daffodil field and watch the surf under snow-capped mountains. The only real disadvantages I can think of is that they have weather and politicians.

Glovers, it sounds like you'll be a doing a gig when I'm headed north. I'll head your direction wherever you happen to be then.

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

Norah & Howie, I'm committed to volunteer here until end of Feb. Could probably extend for another month, but haven't decided yet. Somewhat depends on what gig I get for May-Sept in northern NM. Have applications in that I won't hear about until Jan I don't imagine. Just trying at this point to accumulate fun, non-work, options for March & April.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Hey all, we bit the bullet today and switched our At&t phones to verizon, we no longer have AT&T as our service. Now to learn how to use the new phones......

Smart move. We used to have both but after a one year test we discovered that Verizon was better all around. :-) And, we gave up Howie's retiree discount with AT&T, so you know we really like Verizon better.

Hey Marty tell us how you really feel about them politicians ;) Hope to be seeing you in AZ this year before you head out to PNW. There is a few illegals here that you can take with you but then who will work the lettuce fields around here? Safe travels

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

I landed at Livingston today (for The Big Red Stalker) and will be here until after the first. The weather is quite pleasant at the moment, but the cold is heading in later. I'll do my tourist thing tomorrow, see the sights and pick up souvenirs, and probably come home to lunch of chicken noodle soup. Then it's kick back and do whatever....

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

OK this is for all of you who are having bad weather conditions It is raining in Yuma it just might settle the dust. Today's high in the upper 60s Burrrrr. I know it will bite me in the butt later, but I could not help myself. :)

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

Okay Dave....thats enough or in my official capacity of Room Mother I am going to put you out in thhe hall until you can behave.....We in Va. Beach just had snow again..now its freezing rain. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Sewer hose is frozen ( all other pipes are fine) so now I have to take the laundry to my son's house...Yuk!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Dave, you are giving Sal a run for his title of Bad to the Bone!

There's a heat wave in Red Bay today...61 degrees, after 8 degrees on Sunday....brrrr too cold!! We are so ready to head South and hope to be on the road tomorrow!!

Linda, y'all stay warm and watch out for that frozen stuff!

HUGS!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Yes room mother I'm doing the best I know how (NAPA know how NAPA NAPA, know how) darn it I done it again!!!! :) Molly, Bob Linda & Ron you guys need to get to where Joe & Marcia is. Safe travels

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

Dave you are incorigible!!!!

We get out of here Jan 2nd and while Savannah will be cool to start we look forward to a wonderful spring there....While we won't see Mardi Gras we understand that Savannah throws a heck of a St. Pat's Day

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Archived