Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Well, the time has come.......

Friday I had surgery on my sinus.....finnishing up the root canal & crown is waiting recovery from the sinus. Physical theropy is waiting on my shoulder, maybe also my knee, and maybe surgery on the shoulder.

Gonna have to park it.

I've rented a house in Marysville, CA until I can get all the medical stuff taken care of here then, around the end of the year, I'll decide what to do with the rest of my life.

Full time rv-ing is a chapter I believe has closed, but, like the Hams, you never know!

Steve

Steve, we feel your pain; and we certainly wish you a full and fast recovery from the rebellious body parts. We will keep plugging away at the fulltime lifestyle for now; however the term "end game stopping point" has come up now and again in conversation. We don't know what the circumstances will be when we do decide to stop traveling as much. If we can't roll at all, we will probably, like you, find a home without wheels. If we can still roll a little bit, then we'd like to stay in "The Burrow", moving her now and again to keep her (and us) happy.

We are still at Park Of The Sierras (one of the several "end game possibilities") 'til the end of May. . .then we head for Monterey Bay. Our grand daughter is flying out the first week of June to spend 10 days with us in The Bay Area. Take care of yourself.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve,

Sorry to hear about the medical problems taking you off the road. We all have to make that decision sooner or later. We have no doubt that you will find something of value in the next chapter of your life.

Maybe we'll get a chance to stop by and see you in Marysville sometime.

Meanwhile, take care.

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Sorry to hear your news, Steve. And so glad we were able to get together in Tucson. You take good care of yourself now and you never know what good things may come. Anyhow, stay in touch! Various people are likely to travel through Marysville, after all.

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! If you haven't been to Yosemite Nat'l Park, put it on your "Bucket List" NOW!!! Unbelievable doesn't begin to describe the experience of seeing this Wonder of The World! It is a 60 mile drive from Park Sierra to The Yosemite Valley where one can look up at El Capitan, Yosemite & Stair Step Falls, Cathedral Rocks and other awe inspiring vistas. . .and, well worth the trip! We chose an opportune time to visit the park as there is a very heavy, slowly melting snow pack at the upper elevations causing waterfalls to be visible when you look at any direction. A park ranger said that when the snow pack has all melted in a few months, all of the waterfalls, with the exception of Bridal Veil Falls will cease to be. If you look at our blog (see below), and see the images of Yosemite Falls, it's hard to believe that all that beauty and power will cease in a few months. We are so-o-o-o glad we came when we did!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Have you notice that you very seldom catch anything ('cause we aren't around children very often) but whtn you do it really knocks you down-not to mention we don't mend like we did when we were 20!Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hi All!

Duane and Louise have made it to Pipe Spring National Monument and have parked at the Kaibab Paiute RV Park with us. They are planning wonderful trips to the North Rim, Bryce, etc and we will see what happens this weekend when Keith and I are off duty. Good to have company here on the Arizona Strip.

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

We're at Sedro-Woolley, WA right now - - in the rain. It has been raining for almost a straight month. Next year we are staying down in the desert longer!

It has now been 5 years since we moved into the MH. Where did the time go?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2700+ miles, Shelly and I are now in Morrisville, Vermont at Mountain View Campground. Shelly will be on a 13wk assignment and I will have work camping for the first time here at the campground. Cooler up here but RAIN RAIN RAIN!

Anyone in the area stop by for a visit!

Steve: Sorry to hear but we understand. We pray your health ailments are resolved quickly.

Hold it together gang, LOL

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Robert & Shelly. . .to quote a line from "White Christmas" "it sounds very Vermonty!" We just left the Sierra Mountains after a month's stay for the Pacific Coast where we will spend most of this month boosting the Bay Area economy. . .10 of those days with our 12 year old grand daughter, Madeleine, who is flying out from Texas on Monday. Our 40 ft. motorhome might feel closer to 34 ft. by mid-June!

Steve. . .we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you face these health issues. As the Brits are reputed to have said, "Keep a stiff upper lip!" Whatever that means.

• 2 weeks later...

We're now at Travis AFB FamCamp and planning on leaving Monday, but watching the flooding forecasts in the east with alarm. Hope everything works out alright.

Well it has been 5 years since we hit the road! Where has the time gone? We're now northeast of Seattle in Monroe, WA for the next two weeks (membership park, $0/night) and we are going to have a few days of sun. One of the rainiest springs in the northwest in a looong time!Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Currently in Boise, Id for a party for a grandson who is 4 years old. Leaving tomorrow for northwest Washington, Sedro-Woolley, where Barb and Dave just left. This is somewhat of a speed run, 300 miles a day for 2 days, as my mother is not doing well. Will be in that area until sometime in Sept unless it rains too much.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got to Grizzly RV in West Yellowstone today. Tomorrow we see Yellowstone NP for the first time!

We down south of Seattle - will be here for a couple of weeks, then move back north to Sedro-Woolley for my mom's 89th birthday at the end of the month, then head east as we start our trek back towards Texas by November.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb

When you guys get back to Sedro-Woolley let us know and perhaps we can do lunch or? A phone call would be best as I have to go some where, like the library, to get internet access.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Barb

When you guys get back to Sedro-Woolley let us know and perhaps we can do lunch or? A phone call would be best as I have to go some where, like the library, to get internet access.

Dave

Where are you guys staying? We should be there on Monday, the 25th and are leaving Friday the 29th. A short surprise stop for my mom. Shoot me an email in the next couple of weeks (barbaraok at mac dot com) with the phone number for you guys.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived