Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen several large flocks of Geese & Ducks flying over and 4 or 5 Snowy Eggrets in the canals. Just like the birds I'm getting ready to head south.

The rice harvest has been going on for the past 9 days and the burning of the stubble in the fields for the past 5; nothing happening today because of the rain.

Soon the rice fields will all be flooded and full of ducks, geese and, my favorite, swans. This year the Calif. Fish & Game will be conducting tours in & around the rice fields with a naturalist covering the Tundra Swans & assorted other birds on the fly-through.

As V.P & Wagonmaster I'm locked in to two more rallys with my Escapees Chapter then, after Thanksgiving, it's on to Arizona! Hope to run into some of you guys in "Q", or Bullhead City, or I might even go to Mesa this year for awhile. I hear it's really nice there for "snowbirds".

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

After visiting grandkids for 2 weeks we moved to Shreveport, LA to take care of all the doctor appointments. We will be here for 2 weeks before heading for Deming, NM to work at the Escapees park there for a couple of months. We will be there from the first of Jan. till the mid March. Anyone heading that way let us know.

We're sitting in Nacogdoches waiting to be relieved of many $$ as we get our annual maintenance, some small repairs and one renovation done. Hopefully by the end of the week, we'll be poor enough to leave.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• 2 weeks later...

We are officially now poor enough to leave Nacogdoches. We've changed our rig's name to Poortravel. We thought we were through on last Friday, the Aqua Hot thought differently on Saturday. We left Motorhomes of Texas on Wednesday, then had to return for yet another repair. We're preparing to hit the road for Mansfield today hopefully without incident.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hi everyone

First time to this thread. We have been fulltiming since 11/06. Can't believe we are starting our fourth year in a couple of weeks.

Our most recent adnventure was working/living/traveling with the carnival for seven months. We finished up that the end of September and then went to Lewiston, ID to spend some time with our son, his wife and our two grandsons. We are now back in Blaine, WA (up by the Canadian border as far West as you can go). We have been condo bound since we pulled into town on October 27th due to a fire in our rig. The rig is being repaired and we should get it back by this Friday. The fire was in the engine and had about $2200 worth of damage done. None on the inside.

We will be starting a new workkamping job on the 23rd of November selling Christmas trees. We will be somewhere between Federal Way and Everett, WA. Should hear early next week exactly where.

Anyway, wanted to drop in. Hope to get to know you and maybe meet up some day with some of you.

Ali and Ron

D'Hanis, TX

http://ali1257.blogspot.com

Ali,

Welcome - you're now in my old home stomping grounds. I grew up in Sedro-Woolley and met Dave when he and I were students at Western Washington! Always good to meet new members of the Class of '06.

We're in the DFW Metroplex - actually at Vineyard Campground in Grapevine until Monday when we move over to Hickory Creek. What can I say - I'm cheap and while Vineyard is certainly closer to the kids and has full hookups - for the price difference I'll do without the w/d for a couple of weeks and drive the extra 10 miles!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let everyone know where we are. If you are in the area please stop by ~ coffee or hot chocolate or even something stronger available :blink:

We are now selling Christmas trees in Edmonds, WA ~ we are at 23632 Highway 99, Edmonds in the Aurora Marketplace Safeway parking lot. Business has been slow starting. Sold 1 tree Friday, one on Saturday and 4 so far today! We are definitely on a roll now.

Anyway, we will be here till Christmas morning when we head for Spirit Lake, ID to meet up with our son who will coaching Orofino HS basketball team in a Christmas tournament.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Again, come on by if you are in the area!

Ali and Ron

D'Hanis, TX

We're once again in Arizona. Got into Casa Grande yesterday, will be here until the 15th when we move up to Mesa until March. We're going into Mesa early because we are Smooth Jazz fans and there is a terrific concert there on the 16th and we've got tickets as our Christmas present to each other!

Trip from Dallas was loooong and boring, but no ice/snow/rain/wind when we reached Deming.

Sun is out in Arizona, 75 during the day, 45-50 at night, what more could we ask for?

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Keep it warm there guys as we'll be there in less than a month. It was in the high 20's here last night and supposed to freeze for the next two nights.

We're in McKinney at MCD Shades getting their American Duo for the cockpit. Should be done by the end of the week and then back to DFW area til the 27th.

Barb;

If you guys are in Rovers Roost say Hi to Randy and Margo (the assistant managers there) for us.

Dave and Diane

We're at the Western Horizon park since it is so cheap for us.

barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Good morning on this very chilly morning here in Edmonds, WA.

Just thought I would drop in and say hello and let you know what we are up to and where we are.

We are in a Safeway parking lot in Edmonds, WA selling Christmas trees. Our best day so far was yesterday and that was 25. This is our first year doing this and boy are we learning some things. Like getting how we are to be paid in writing before we accept a job. We thought we got a base pay plus commission on each tree WRONG we only get commission from what we sell. We need to avearage $71 a day to make $2000 for the month we are here. So far we are well below that. But it is definitely a learning experience.

We also have to figure out how to get water sometime in the next week. We will have to unhook the flatbed trailer from the motor home, take down the satellite and drive somewhere. There is a campground about 10 miles from us. We have also gotten lots of suggestions on where to go: gas stations, Walmart, knock on someone's door who has a motor home in their yard, go to the fire station. Hubby keeps saying don't worry he will get us water. So okay I am trying not to worry.

We will be here till the 25th of December. We are done sellling trees at 5:00 p.m. on the 24th. We have to do some cleanup on the lot and stack whatever trees are left over. We are planning on going to a Christmas Eve service nearby. Just not sure which one.

On Christmas Day we will be heading to Spirit Lake, ID where are son will be coaching in a basketball tournament. That is the 27th and 28th. Then we are off to Lewiston, ID to spend a week or so with his family before heading back to Whatcom County where Ron has jury duty the middle of January. Then who knows???

We are busy sending out job applications, emails and resumes. Trusting the Lord to open the doors for us.

That's all for now. If you are in the area we are at 23632 Highway 99. Edmonds, WA

Ali and Ron

D'Hanis, TX

We're at the Western Horizon park since it is so cheap for us.

barb

Barb,

I'm at the WH park in Ramona, CA and S-L-O-W-L-Y making my way to warm Arizona. (Any one passing by be sure to give me a shout.) I'll be mostly in Yuma and Quartzsite but I've heard so much about Mesa think I'll head over that way to check things out.

Any suggestions on places to stay for a couple of days there?

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Barb,

I'm at the WH park in Ramona, CA and S-L-O-W-L-Y making my way to warm Arizona. (Any one passing by be sure to give me a shout.) I'll be mostly in Yuma and Quartzsite but I've heard so much about Mesa think I'll head over that way to check things out.

Any suggestions on places to stay for a couple of days there?

Steve

Well depending upon when you get here, I'd suggest Val Vista, which is where Jeff & Suzanne will be. You can get in there under C2C or Passport America for one week. And that is just a block away from where we stay at Mesa Spirit. There are several of the Cal-Am parks that take 1 week stays under C2C or Passport America.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Well depending upon when you get here, I'd suggest Val Vista, which is where Jeff & Suzanne will be. You can get in there under C2C or Passport America for one week. And that is just a block away from where we stay at Mesa Spirit. There are several of the Cal-Am parks that take 1 week stays under C2C or Passport America.

Barb

Well......

I have RPI and Passport America but no longer have CtC so if PA works then Val Vista it is for me. Thanks. Not sure but likely sometime late Feb or early Mar. I'll be in Q for Jan. then have to do some running around with the WIN's (a singles group).

Thanks for the info.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Well......

I have RPI and Passport America but no longer have CtC so if PA works then Val Vista it is for me. Thanks. Not sure but likely sometime late Feb or early Mar. I'll be in Q for Jan. then have to do some running around with the WIN's (a singles group).

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Hey Steve. . .we will be at Val Vista from Jan 4th to Feb 28th. . .then on to Laughlin for a week to visit Suzanne's aunt, and the money we left there last trip!!

We are now at RV Ranch in Keene, TX (close to Cleburne) for three days while visiting Jeff's brother and sister. We got our new MCD cockpit shade and it is fantastic. Push a button and the day shade come down. Push a button and the nightshade appears. It's pricey, but after all the trouble we had with our cockpit shades, it is worth it!

While we were there we were interviewed for a web broadcast produced by the couple who live on site at MCD and assist in all of the purchasing. Peg and Jim were formerly in television in NY state and they are very nice people. Check out this link for a very nice RV show - much better than the one that used to be on TV American RVer

I'm not completely sure when our interview will air - probably when the January edition comes out.

We're now in Mesa until March 1st. Rain today - the first in a long time. The orange tree at our site is full of oranges - - we got to see it blossom last spring, so this is neat.

If you're traveling through the Phoenix area this winter, give us a holler.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived