Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

WOW!!! You must be winning big time!!! :)

ROFLOL! Naw, we don't really gamble. But the weather is nasty today, tonight is The Lion King, tomorrow night is Garth Brooks so Monday we want to take the motorcycles out for some riding. Both the park and the town are really quiet. I'm amazed! Doubt we will come back here so Stu wanted to explore a little north of town before we leave.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froggi,

Take a ride around Red Rock Canyon north of Vegas. Come on down as soon as you can....I'll be in Bullhead for a week (arriving on the 2nd) and looking forward to (FINALLY) meeting you guys.

Joes for lunch but there are other nights open for other places!?!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

We still have spaces for the First Class Rally in Boerne. I need to submit the list of attendees to the park no later than March 13th -- so ya'll still have a week or so to let me know you are planning on attending.

Things are shaping up for some awesome First Class fun..... this is for all classes

Click here for the First Class Rally thread for the details.

Send me an email letting me know:

• your planned arrival and departure dates

• rig type and length

• # of people in your rigs (and their names).

I'll reply with a confirmation and other information.

You will pay all fees when you arrive.

Hugs,

Norah (click here to email Norah)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering what everyone is up to? Where you headed this summer?

We are in southern Florida....this week staying in Moore Haven, next week we move to Penny and Larry Thompson RV park between Homestead and Miami. So any of you hitting the keys the next couple of months, give us a holler. I have to say after Nov-Feb in Texas, the weather in southern Florida is a great improvement.

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

We're in Vegas until April 2nd, then plan to make our way to Illinois for some medical - plan to arrive sometime around the end of April (depending on tornado weather.)

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Still in the RGV, and the weather here is improving too. mostly in the 70's and 80's, and the orange blossoms smell delightful!! Heading to Tennessee in June for a new granddaughter, and on to Michigan to visit the rest of the family. Not much else planned this year. (Seeing a pulmonologist to try and get my asthma under control, so we'll be here awhile.)

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Greetings everyone!

It is time to shake off the dust and get traveling again, isn't it? Keith and Gail have spent the winter in Texas. Since February 1 we have been leading tram tours of Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge along the Rio Grande. Since we are square dancers, the Valley is a very busy place to be and our "work" has been great fun.

The first of May we will head to Georgia for a high school graduation, then go up to Indiana to meet a new granddaughter we expect any day now. This summer we are making a loop thru Quebec and New England, but we need to get to South Dakota before the snow flies. Our drivers licenses will need renewed-- it is possible we have been citizens of SD so long? Next winter will be spent in the Southwest. In other words, we will make it back to "Q". What a great time we had there four :rolleyes: years ago :rolleyes:

Keep safe out there--

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Howdy everyone,

After a terrific winter season on the south Oregon coast, we will be leaving on April 15 for the two-week drive to our summer location just west of West Yellowstone. We will arrive at the Red Rock RV and Camping Park in Island Park, ID on May 1 or just as soon as the snow melts enough to allow the park to open and will be staying at that location until September 30. If any classmates are in the area, please stop by to say hello.

Safe travels!!!!!!

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

When I leave Balcones Canyonlands NWR on May 1, I'll be heading to Minnesota for the month to meet my latest granddaughter. Then it will be on to Yellowstone with my sister and b-i-l. We'll be staying at the Red Rock RV Park where Gordon and Juanita will be at this summer. After that, maybe Malheur NWR in Oregon. A busy summer....

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hi gang! Shelly and I will be in Abilene, TX for 2 weeks, then slowly work our way westward over the next month ultimately to the Greenbrae/Novato(north San Francisco), CA area. It will be our first visit to California so we are looking forward to it! After that we plan to visit Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, then off to meet friends in Lewiston, ID to ride the Snake River (jet boat)! Hope to visit classmates along the way!

Stay safe out there!

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Bobby & Shelly,

If, on your northward journey, you go up 101 from Navoto, plan on a leasurely trip through northern California. You will be going by some great wineries and a lot of good things to see. Enjoy the elk herds and the redwoods and awesome cliffs & beaches and if you can, hike into Fern Canyon.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hi gang! Shelly and I will be in Abilene, TX for 2 weeks, then slowly work our way westward over the next month ultimately to the Greenbrae/Novato(north San Francisco), CA area. It will be our first visit to California so we are looking forward to it! After that we plan to visit Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, then off to meet friends in Lewiston, ID to ride the Snake River (jet boat)! Hope to visit classmates along the way!

Stay safe out there!

Hi You Two. . .good to hear from you. We are at the Nellis AFB Fam Camp in Las Vegas until April 2. Then we will head to Kingman, AZ on our way across I-40 toward Ft. Worth, TX for a short kid/grand kid fix; then upward to the Chicago area to see our other kids; and get some medical stuff done at the Gt. Lakes VA in North Chicago. If you see a 40 ft. blur going east as you are going west, it will probably be us. :) :) :huh:

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hi Barb, yes we plan to arrive in the area late April and be in the area for around 8 weeks. Would be great to see you guys again! We will touch base with you and Dave as we gets closer in time!

Robert & Shelly,

We expect to be in the Sonoma Valley about the 22nd of April for about 10 days to 2 weeks - will you still be there then?

Barb

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Thanks for the suggestions Steve! OH YEAH, we we definitely plan to hit the wineries! Looking forward to the cycling too :-)

Bobby & Shelly,

If, on your northward journey, you go up 101 from Navoto, plan on a leasurely trip through northern California. You will be going by some great wineries and a lot of good things to see. Enjoy the elk herds and the redwoods and awesome cliffs & beaches and if you can, hike into Fern Canyon.

Steve

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Hey Jeff & Suzanne!

LOL, We thought about heading west via 1-40 but second guessing it. Thinking it's still a little too cold up there and/or bad storms? Right now we plan to hit Carlsbad caverns next Thursday, after that who knows! Sure would be great to see you guys again and the new rig! SOOOO glad you are back on the road!

Hi You Two. . .good to hear from you. We are at the Nellis AFB Fam Camp in Las Vegas until April 2. Then we will head to Kingman, AZ on our way across I-40 toward Ft. Worth, TX for a short kid/grand kid fix; then upward to the Chicago area to see our other kids; and get some medical stuff done at the Gt. Lakes VA in North Chicago. If you see a 40 ft. blur going east as you are going west, it will probably be us. :o:):lol:

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

• 2 weeks later...

ONE THE ROAD AGAIN!! ;)

We are now in Indo, California. Spent one extra day in Phoenix to have a cracked (and I mean CRACKED) exhaust manifold replaced. We were originally quoted 16 hours to do the job because of problems they usually encounter with bolts breaking off when trying to get them out. We were VERY fortunate, our tech did a great job and only one bolt broke and he was able to get it out without having to drill - so only 7 hours to get it done! We will be slowly working our way up towards the Sonoma Valley where we will be spending almost 3 weeks - - need to refill the wine chest. ;)

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Dave & Barb,

I hope you are already in Sanoma County and are hunkered down close to those great Alexander Valley Wineries cause there is a big storm blowing in today & tomorrow. I'm sittng about 100 miles East of there in the foothills off of hwy 99 and worried about all the big oak trees I'm parked under!

Otherwise, enjoy the trip and my favorite wine region.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

No, we're still in Indio until Tuesday - after the storm passes. We won't make it to Sonoma Valley until the 22nd of April - - we move kind of slow. ;)

We expect wind here and maybe some rain tomorrow, but nothing like on the west side of the state.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're at Treetops in Arlington, TX until Friday getting the grandkid fix. Ran into the first time we were not able to get a satellite signal on our fancy new Winegard. Have to take the portable dish out to the repair place today. (It fell over in a windstorm in January which caused up to get the Wineqard, and we haven't needed it til now.)

We're finishing up travel preparations and will be back on the road Thursday after our long visit to Port Orford, Oregon. With stops in Salem, Boardman and LaGrande in Oregon, we will hold up in Caldwell, Declo and Rexburg in Idaho before again coming to rest for several months at the Red Rock RV Park in Island Park.

We will be located about 22 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone NP, so if anyone is in the area, please stop by and sit for a spell. :D

Long term plans...always a cut in Jello type of thing...are rolling around in our heads. Since we no longer have an aging canine along for the ride, a return trip to Alaska might return to the top of our list...we'll see.

Hope to see y'all during the summer!!

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Gordon and Juanita - we had not checked your blog in a while and were deeply saddened to hear of Bodie's passing. He was a lovely dog and I know how much it hurts to lose a member of your family like that. Our hearts go out to you.

Gordon and Juanita - we had not checked your blog in a while and were deeply saddened to hear of Bodie's passing. He was a lovely dog and I know how much it hurts to lose a member of your family like that. Our hearts go out to you.

Thanks for the note Hams. Bodie still has a place in the back seat of our truck and will continue to travel with us in our memories. His last few months were very good here in Oregon at a park that he really enjoyed.

We have moved up our departure date by one day and will be heading north along the Oregon coast tomorrow...just far enough to get my driving mojo back after being in place for a long time.

We hope to see you two down the road...hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hugs,

Gordon and Juanita

Archived