Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

We're heeeerrre! We are in Section H2, Site #4, just off Pecan St. Patio awning is out. . .chairs & table set up. . .c'mon by and swap hellos & greetings. Watch for the Jeff & Suzanne/TwoHamsinaCan sign. :D:P:blink:

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're here -- in front of the Grand Stand in the inside parking row, site 502. All muddy around here. Stopped and saw the Hams and they have graciously offered to host our Class of '06 get together - - they've got a LOT more room than we do! :P

So we just have to pick a time. Dave & I found winery in Monticello, Indiana - so we will have Indiana Wine!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are on the outer loop road a-1 site 9. We will be at the craft hall all day today taking sign-ups for wood carving and quilting. Stop by and see us. Let us know when the party is going to be.

We'll be by soon. . .just posted this on Road To Escapade:

Class of 2006 Happy Hour will begin at 6:00 pm Monday evening (after one of us wins the door prize at The Escapade Happy Hour LOL :) ). Don't forget to bring your chairs, beverage and a snack to share. Look for the red HHR and the TwoHamsinaCan sign. See ya here!!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Loved seeing everyone at the Escapade. Our '06 class rocks! We left Goshen and headed down the road to Elkhart to order our new slide toppers. What an expensive way to overcome a really bad design flaw! The complimentary hookups were all taken so we boondocked and on Saturday morning headed to Chicago. Met some old friends and saw the step daughter and family. Had Lou Malnati's pizza which was worth the trip.

Just my humble opinion, but we need some new seminars at the Escapade. I think I shall put on my marketing cap and make some suggestions. I guess the big probltem is holding seminars taught by experts. I attended a RV remodel seminar last fall at the Gypsy gathering which was very good and it was put on by two folks who had done some of their own renos. I know if I have deep pockets I can pay someone to do them, but maybe some handy guy could tell us how to change out a sink faucet or replace the plastic sink which I detest in the bathroom. I know this may sound stupid to the handy andy's out there, but we need some advice, lol! Right now we are looking(well, I am looking) to change out the tacky brass handles and hinges on the gazillion cabinets we have and finding some updated lighting fixtures. I have read on countless forms that folks take regular fixtures from like Lowe's and rewired them to 12 volt. How does one do that. I have this post in the general rv section but really haven't gotten any answers on that question yet.

Paulie and I are planning to go to Quartzite in January. Looking forward to meeting up with any 06er's there if possible.

hugs

dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

We will be in Mesa this winter. Don't know if we will get over to "Q" or not on a day drive but maybe we need to since there were so few vendors at the Escapade that we didn't get enough "RV dodads"! :rolleyes:

We're in Frankfort, KY tonight. Dave found the phone number of a fellow we last saw in August of 1974! He's now living in Frankfort and we were able to get a spot in a park a couple of miles from their place (there is an Equestrian World Games going on in Lexington this fall so space is hard to find and expen$$$$ive) and we had a great visit tonight and he's cooking Italian tomorrow night - and if I remember correctly his Italian cooking is really, really good (good Italian New Jersey Family) so we are looking forward to spending some more time comparing notes about the paths our lives have taken.

Sunday we are heading down to Raccoon Valley for a few days and then down to Atlanta to visit some friends who've come off of the road before turning west to Texas. Not exactly the route we planned on, but we're sure glad we took the turn to the east at Louisville today!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We enjoyed meeting the class of "06" at Goshin. Had a pretty good time at our first Escapade. I do agree with the previous about seminars though. Something new would be good. Or maybe it was that this was our 4th rally of the summer. Fleetwood, 'The Rally', Gypsy Journal and the Escapade. Whew!!!!! Then a few nights with Fleetwood in Decatur for some final warranty work and we are finally 'outahere'. 'Free again', free again', we are finally 'free again'. No more commitments!! It warms our hearts. All we have to do is mosey on down to the RGV and spend a relaxing winter.

We're currently at Cole's Creek, a COE park at Carlyle Lake in Ill. Then it's across the river to MO and another Corps park before Memphis and some 'Pickleball' with friends. Then it will be more Corps, and Texas state parks before we get to the RGV around Thanksgiving. Maybe we'll see some of you there or along the way.

Safe Travels, Randy and Kat

Randy and Kat Sines with the Furchild Jade

2008 Fleetwood Southwind 35A

2011 Ford Escape

visit our Blog at http://2inabox.blogspot.com/

We're at Willow Beach COE just outside of Little Rock for a couple of days, then on to the DFW area. Our date for maintenance got messed up thanks to an employee who is no longer with the company, so we'll be leaving DFW and going to Nacogdoches for a week in late Oct. instead of this Monday. Don't you just love incompetent employees? Motorhomes of Texas is making it right though with 20% off our labor costs for the mix up.

Judy,

Sorry you're broken down - but better in Boise than some out of the way place like Rawlins, Wyoming! Been there, done that - - shudder :lol:

Another good campfire story in the making.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Judy - hope you're fixed up and on the road soon! Let us know about that repositioning cruise. We've been looking at that for a couple of years. It sounds really cool!

We're on Lake Lanier north of Atlanta at a COE park. Gorgeous view of the sailboats on the lake today. We are spending a few days visiting some friends before heading west towards Texas.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're back in Texas at the Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield for a few weeks before we get to Nacogdoches for our delayed maintenance etc. Was really nice seeing the grandkids last night.

Arrived in the RGV on Thursday night after a short stay in Livingston. Landed at Llano Grande RV Resort in Mercedes and will be here til Jan 1 when we will head west to Q.

Still quite warm here! The park is deserted and we have three swimming pools to ourselves! Paul's dad Gene is at John Knox village and at almost 94 he is amazing. All the ladies fawn all over him. Poor old guy....

Suzanne and Jeff...we went to Nacogdoches and looked at Foretravels. I am in awe. Too bad we don't have $$$!!!

Paul and Dennise

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Hey Paul & Dennise. . .Hope you are enjoying all that South Texas real estate. As for Foretravel $$$, log onto foreforums.com and monitor the Classifieds and the General Discussion threads. Don't know what your $$$ criteria is; but, lately we have seen some pretty sweet used (1993-1997) rigs at reasonable market prices. Many people will say a 10 year old Foretravel is often a better buy than a new med level coach.

Thanks for the links, you lovely Hams. :) Paul and I are now salivating over Foretravels. They are so well built, even the older ones are beautiful. We will keep our eyes and ears open and maybe someday we'll find the perfect rig. We sure were impressed with yours! Will you guys been venturing down to the valley? We sure did enjoy meeting you both along with all the '06 grads. I'll be following your blog too...I am so lazy, I can't remember when I posted on mine. Gotta get back into the groove.

It is very quiet down here. We are one of perhaps 5 rigs in the east section at this park. We have the pool to ourselves and the weather is perfect. Paul's dad is the talk of the valley...he is the "star" of the new tv commercial for John Knox Village in Weslaco. Everywhere we go, folks tell us they saw the old guy dancing on tv. Too Funny.

Any Winter Texans arriving can find us at Llano Grande...Gonzales burgers is open for biz, Padre Island is looking great and there is no humidity at the moment. We actually saw an Ontario license plate today!

dennise

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Thanks for the links, you lovely Hams. :P Paul and I are now salivating over Foretravels. They are so well built, even the older ones are beautiful. We will keep our eyes and ears open and maybe someday we'll find the perfect rig. We sure were impressed with yours! Will you guys been venturing down to the valley? We sure did enjoy meeting you both along with all the '06 grads. I'll be following your blog too...I am so lazy, I can't remember when I posted on mine. Gotta get back into the groove.

It is very quiet down here. We are one of perhaps 5 rigs in the east section at this park. We have the pool to ourselves and the weather is perfect. Paul's dad is the talk of the valley...he is the "star" of the new tv commercial for John Knox Village in Weslaco. Everywhere we go, folks tell us they saw the old guy dancing on tv. Too Funny.

Any Winter Texans arriving can find us at Llano Grande...Gonzales burgers is open for biz, Padre Island is looking great and there is no humidity at the moment. We actually saw an Ontario license plate today!

dennise

Thanks for the kind words. . .no, we won't make it to The Valley this year. We have decided to stay in the Ft. Worth area until right after Christmas; then, head to Mesa, AZ for a couple of months. Then, on to Southern California via Laughlin/Las Vegas (no more Hollywood, though. . .Paul's dad can have it all), working our way from San Diego to The Napa and Sonoma Valleys via Yosemite.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived