Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Hey Barb

We are heading to Outdoor Resorts Indio today after a 4 day stop at Mesa Spirit! Sounds like we are just behind you! We will likely be in Indio for 3-4 days then slowly north to visit friends in Morgan Hill. After that we will be in the Greenbrae/Novato area for around 8wks. Hope we can catchup with you two again sometime!

No, we're still in Indio until Tuesday - after the storm passes. We won't make it to Sonoma Valley until the 22nd of April - - we move kind of slow. :lol:

We expect wind here and maybe some rain tomorrow, but nothing like on the west side of the state.

Barb

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Folks,

Today we are leaving Quartzsite on our way to Tonopah and Tucson. Then our summer itinerary is NM, CO, WY, ID, UT and then back here. We will visit many National Parks, Forests and Monuments. Also, some great sites in various states. Gordon and Juanita we will see you in Red Rock RV park around the 16th of July. Everyone have safe travels this summer.

Dick and Paula

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

We're in Acton, Ca at the Thousand Trails Soledad Canyon park for the next week. Had to put a blanket on the bed last night - it is cool up at ~ 2500 feet.

Robert & Shelly - - yes, it does sound like you are behind us. Let us know when you get to Novato and we'll figure out where to meet and enjoy some great wine.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Moved from Benson to Rincon Country West in Tuscon, AZ today. Here for the National Alfa Owners Rally until April 21. Then we head to WA for a couple of weeks. Summer plans are to spend it in ID with grand kids. Middle of May for about a month in the Boise area, then hopefully three months on the Payette River near Cascade, then another month in Boise. It sounds like some of you may be in the same general area for at least a little while so perhaps we can connect?

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Gordon & Juanita,

I'm trying to put together a small group (4 or 5 rigs) for a run to Alaska via B.C. in May 2012. Would you be interested in going back up there then? Would sure love to have your expreience/knowledge on the trip since I haven'g been there yet. So far I have one confirmed and two possibiles for the trip.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Hey Steve, what happened to our plans for an Alaskan run in 2011? Have those plans been scrapped or are you not available in 2011? I'm just looking for some clarification for planning purposes. If the 2011 trip is off, I would consider going in 2012. Let me know. Take care for now............

mike

@AM Solar, Springfield, Oregon

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Mike,

2011 is Lyn's trip to Alaska via Alberta and, while I wanted to go along, I just can't get it together that soon. Far as I know she still has the trip planned. Finally came to that realization while you were at that Geocaching thing so, it's 2012 for me via the Washington & BC route.

However, in 2011 I am going to Idaho & Montanna (first time in either state) then on to WY for the Escapade.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hi Steve, I wasn’t aware of Lyn’s proposed route. I really haven’t heard much at all about the trip. Maybe they’re trying to tell me something? I plan on seeing Jerry Gertner, one of the proposed trip organizers/advisors/leaders next month in the Seattle area and hopefully get some scoop on the journey.

Anyhoo, I think I would prefer the Washington/BC route also. I may reconsider and hang out in the Great Northwest and join you at the Wyoming Escapade in 2011 and do the Alaskan excursion in 2012 with you, if you‘ll have me. Please keep me updated on the 2012 trip. Thanks. Cheers for now............................

mike

@Santiam River Rest Area, near I-5, exit 240, Jefferson, Oregon

My blah...blah...blah...blog

We're now in Duncans Mills, CA - 25 miles west of Santa Rosa for a week. We do have internet access - - one bar only but good enough to at least get online. Next Thursday we are moving up to Cloverdale, CA - about 25 miles north of Santa Rosa until Mother's Day when we will start for Washington. Not sure if we will stop at Timber Valley on this trip up. We have some damage to the front bumper of the car - not sure what hit it, but something we will want to get fixed once we get to Washington. We cut away the plastic liner and the car is driveable and tire appears to be ok. It is always something. :D

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

WOW, what a day yesterday! We are now located in a Canyon in the mountains of New Mexico, in the Gila National Forest. Yesterday's drive from Tucson to near Glenwood, NM was not for the faint of heart. If any one has run the "Tale of the Dragon" in Tennesee/North Carolina, it is nothing to yesterdays run. Over 26 miles of winding, twisty and hilly terrain. Paula is not a lover of heights at all, so this was more frightful for her then me. I'm not smart enough to be frightened easily. We are in a 8 space RV Park and we have three walls of hills around us. We will be here six nights and explore the Gila and Apache National Forest around us. It's great to be moving again. Take care all. The next stop will be in Farmington, NM about 300 miles from here. Looking at the maps the route will be 3x longer with the same type of terrain as described above. Having a ball.

Dick and Paula

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

We are in Sikeston, MO where (home of the original Lambert's) after leaving Memphis early because of projected bad weather. We had planned to be in Memphis four days, but the forecast of hail and tornadoes was too much for us, so we left early (we will get a refund) and drove to Sikeston where we are in the "slight" risk category instead of the severe. It's nice to have wheels on your house.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We finish our stay at Livingston SKP May 1st. May 2nd we will head for Knoxville and Raccoon Valley SKP Park. We will be working there untill August. After that we are not working till after the first of the year. Time to travel, relax, and have some fun on the road. Working for Escapees has been fun and the best place we have workcamped to date. 20 hours a week per couple gives you a lot of time off to do other things in the area. Anyone heading to Knoxville area give us a shout.

Hey Barb & Dave (sorry to hear about the car damage). we arrived in Novato yesterday! Looks like rain the next few days :-( Think we could get together before you head north? Would be great seeing you both again!

We're now in Duncans Mills, CA - 25 miles west of Santa Rosa for a week. We do have internet access - - one bar only but good enough to at least get online. Next Thursday we are moving up to Cloverdale, CA - about 25 miles north of Santa Rosa until Mother's Day when we will start for Washington. Not sure if we will stop at Timber Valley on this trip up. We have some damage to the front bumper of the car - not sure what hit it, but something we will want to get fixed once we get to Washington. We cut away the plastic liner and the car is driveable and tire appears to be ok. It is always something. :rolleyes:

Barb

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Rain! It's been two days of real gully-washers up here in the foothills. Three major bouts of hail today, each one left everything white like snow. Suspose to only be light, scattered showers tomorrow (Thursday) so you guys should be alright.

I'd drive over myself but have Dish Network instellation tomorrow & physical therophy the day after. Tip a glass of that good wine for me & enjoy.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hey Steve! Wow, we didn't get any storms down here in Novato, just rain and some wind later yesterday. Where exactly are you? Would be great to see you again sometime!

We had planned to visit Barb & Dave yesterday but they had an unfortunate mechanical issue with their coach overnight so they cancelled. We are planning another possible visit after they move over to Cloverdale.

Today we are taking a ride over to the Cheese factory, beaches and maybe some Whale watching. Oh and hope to get some fresh Oysters/Clams while there :-)

Rain! It's been two days of real gully-washers up here in the foothills. Three major bouts of hail today, each one left everything white like snow. Suspose to only be light, scattered showers tomorrow (Thursday) so you guys should be alright.

I'd drive over myself but have Dish Network instellation tomorrow & physical therophy the day after. Tip a glass of that good wine for me & enjoy.

Steve

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Gordon & Juanita,

I'm trying to put together a small group (4 or 5 rigs) for a run to Alaska via B.C. in May 2012. Would you be interested in going back up there then? Would sure love to have your expreience/knowledge on the trip since I haven'g been there yet. So far I have one confirmed and two possibiles for the trip.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner...our Internet since leaving Port Orford, Oregon has been marginal at best.

We aren't sure when we will make a return trip to Alaska but are trying to plan around next summer at this point. It could possibly slip into 2012 but we won't know for a bit. Regardless, we have put a lot of information, including photos of the highways all the way, on our journal noted below. Start on May 9, 2008 and read to Sept 20, 2008 for the journey. I also wrote a summary of our trip on the journal entry posted Oct 23, 2008. I included a lot of details not found in the individual entries.

Travelers to Alaska should not be concerned about having experienced folks along for the ride. The trip is much like any other...just a bit more remote at times. Service can be found in 60 mile increments or less most of the time, and people along the way will ALWAYS stop and offer assistance...even when you stop for lunch. :D

If anyone needs information, I would be happy to offer any help that I can.

We are thinking about wintering in Oregon again this year so we don't have quite so far to go if we do cross the border at the beginning of May in 2011. Everything pretty much depends on the cost of fuel at that time and the economy in general. Regardless, we are determined to make a return trip.

We arrived in snowy West Yellowstone, Montana yesterday and had an incredible drive into Yellowstone today. We spotted two grizzlies, two black bears and even a big bad wolf near the highway. Usually they are at a distance only. We are hanging out here until our summer destination at Red Rock RV Park 22 miles back down the road in Idaho opens. We hope to get over there by the weekend, but snow continues to fall in this part of the country and nighttime temperatures are only in the teens. We love it here anyway. Crazy maybe, but what can I say?

Take care and safe travels Steve

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Bobby & Shelly -- I'm a few miles off of highway 20, between Marysville (in the central valley floor) and Grass Valley (at the low snow line in the Sierra's). I reckon I'm about 140 miles from the coast but hwy 20 crosses he coastal range, goes around Clear Lake, drops down into the central valley then crosses it and starts up the hills again to get to where I'm at. There is a Thousand Trails a few miles away in Oregon House so I do get to see some rv'ers that I know outside of our class.

Would love to see you guys again.....but I know we'll meet up on the road again somethime.

Gordon & Juanita -- Have read a lot of your blog on the trip last year. It was your pictures that gave me the Alaskan Bug :lol: IF things work out I'll leave NorCal in late April 2012 and cross into Canada the first of May then head back in August. Thanks for all the info. First off I gotta get the shed here put up and my brother's old freezer put into it so I'll have a place to store all the Halibut that I'm going to catch up there!!!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Met up with Bob & Shelly on Sunday - we will get some photos up on our blog shortly of our visits to a couple of wineries in Sonoma. Was so great to see them again. Car is going to be fixed this week, new check valve in the water heater, and some more wineries to visit this week - life is good.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We too had a great time with you both, Barb & Dave! We really enjoyed sampling various wines together while catching up. Posted more details on our blog: www.evansrvadventures.com Hope the car fix went well!?

Steve: Sorry we're not any closer but like you said, I'm sure we'll meet up again down the road!

Sounds like many will be in the North-West (ID/WA/OR) this summer, maybe a Class Get Together sometime?

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

We're at the Great Lakes Naval Station FamCamp right on the shore of Lake Michigan. Beautiful view right outside our front window! We'll be in the area for the next two months at least getting Dr. appts taken care of.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We've made it to Washington state - we're parked at my BIL's for the next couple of weeks - - really helps with that budget. Spent a couple of days at Timber Valley Co-Op when we came through Oregon, which is always nice. Had huge rabbits hopping through the sites and Shadow wanted to hunt the wild turkeys. We ran into SNOW coming over the Siskiyous Mountain Pass - - in May! Don't know how Gordon and Juanita can handle that white stuff!

Hope everyone has a great summer. We're looking forward to meeting up with Jeff & Suzanne and Joe & Nancy at the Escapade in September - anyone else going?

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are in Kinder, Louisiana this week, they offer a stay three nights and get the fourth and fifth free deal. Then heading to Livingston through the holiday weekend. Second week of June we will set up as camp-hosts in New Mexico at Navajo Lake State Park for the summer. Its at 6500' on a very large lake....hoping the nights will stay cool. Stay safe all!

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Enjoyed the Chapter 1 rally in Los Banos, CA, followed by the Chapter 24 rally in Yuba City. Back on the family homestead in Loma Rica (near Collins Lake & TT Lake of the Springs).

Next outing will be the Chapter 1 rally June 23 at Sugar Barge on Bethel Is. (near Antioch, CA). Think I'll spend two days at the Elks in Livermore before that rally.

Stop by if you're in the area.

Travel safe.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Archived