Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're at the top of Michigan now - Copper Harbor. Had an interesting drive here (interesting defines as nail-biting here) since the main road was closed and we were detoured to a very curvy, narrow lake shore drive. But we made it and have enjoyed our stay here. Hoping that the main road is open for our departure tomorrow - don't want to repeat Tuesday's drive.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hi Hams,

Hope you enjoyed "Copper Country" and don't miss a ride on Brockway Mountain Drive before you leave the area, it's one of America's most scenic drives.

If you plan on visiting the Soo Locks and/or Mackinac Island areas, we are at a reasonably priced CG in Kinross. It's about 15mi S of Sault Ste Marie and about 30 mi N of The Mighty Mac (Mackinaw Bridge)

The CG is a couple mi E from I75 on SH-M80, it's a no-frills FHU with 30A Electric for $20 or $18 for seniors. We're here for a week for $100. The only shopping here is a grocery nearby.

So if you are headed this way maybe we can hook up this time.

Hope ya'll are enjoying this pleasant (cooler) Northern Michigan weather, of course this is our old stomping grounds, and we still enjoy visiting the Yoopers!

SKP hugs,

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Appreciate the info but we've already set up a stay in St. Ignace arriving there next Monday and staying through Friday. On Wednesday, we plan to stay one night at the Grand Hotel celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary about 3 months early. We do plan to drive up to Soo locks one of the days leftover. Maybe we can work up something then. We're LOVING the cool weather especially when we see OUR old stomping grounds (Texas) sweltering in the summer heat.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

• 2 weeks later...

Duane and Louise - We're in Mackinaw City this morning. Drove in yesterday and caught up with Barb and Dave - had a great whitefish dinner. Planning on stopping tonight in West Branch, MI and then we're headed toward Lapeer, MI where we'll be for a week while touring the Detroit area and skipping into Canada for a couple of Canadian supplies (poutine sauce and cheese.) We'll be coming toward Lansing on the 22nd, planning to stop over in Kalamazoo. How long are you in Lansing? Are you coming to the Escapade?

Howdy Gang! Shelly and I are now in Deer Park, WA (just north of Spokane). Enjoying the campground, weather, sightseeing, and cycling :lol: We are staying out of Spokane as much as possible as the traffic, or should I say roads, are bad! We can't believe they don't have highways and/or by-passes around the city, ggeezz. We will likely be in the area thru late September, then heading south to an American Coach rally in Vegas.

Blessed,

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Well, Suzanne & I have left the Upper Peninsula after almost three weeks of wonderful experiences (see our blog for our UP trip). We are now parked at the municipal RV park in Lapeer, MI so we can day trip to visit our daughter-in-law's parents; as well as visiting Canada. We crossed The Bluewater Bridge at Port Huron, spending about 45 minutes in traffic for Canadian immigration; and, entered with no problem. After shopping in Sarnia for some favourite Canadian provisions, we spent two hours crossing back into the USA. . .no problem with immigration officers; but, had to endure a massive traffic jam. :lol::D :D

Don't know about where anyone else will be for the Escapade - we will be in section A1 and will host the Class of '06 for cocktails one evening - I might have a bottle or 2 of California wine left! :lol:

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Last Friday my doctor told me NO MORE BEER. He said I am only to drink Red Wine. :lol: Don't you feel sorry for me? So this week I'll make a run up to Placerville and visit the winery's to stock up. Hmmm, a little further up Carson Road past the winery's is Apple Hill. Think I'll pick up one of their great apple pies also. Ok, NOW you can feel sorry for me! (lol)

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

We will now be arriving at the Escapade on the 11th. Barb and Dave, I know you guys are going to be there early. Anybody else?

I have arrived at my next volunteering stint...at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in the high desert of Oregon. I'm hoping this will be an interesting month. :lol:

Judy:

Tie everything down, as that area is suppose to get 50 mph winds about 7 or 8 tonight. That could make things interesting for at least tonight! :blink: We are currently about a hundred miles away (as the crow flies) from there now. We will be in Caldwell, ID for a month starting the 14th of next month.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Howdy all,

Dick and Paula left yesterday after a month long visit to our Red Rock Park location in eastern Idaho. We have begun making departure plans ourselves.

We will leave our Idaho mountain retreat on Sept 22 and travel on to Custer, SD to see the annual buffalo roundup on the 27th. On Oct 1 we will begin a very slow drive back to the west, stopping off to see a friend in Trout Creek, MT and more friends in the Seattle area before heading on down the Oregon coast.

Our plans aren't entirely firm yet, but we are considering spending a second winter along the southern Oregon coast. We'll see....

We hope to see some of you along the way.

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

WHOA!!! Looked at the outside thermometer this morning; and it showed 51 degrees here at the Navy base on Lake Michigan. . .now, that's what I'm talkin' about!! :D;):lol:

Paul and I willl be in H2 at the Escapade. Would love to re-aquaint ourselves with our '06 classmates! We have been adopted by the class of '07 'cause we kept crashing all the foodie events they have, :) .

Please let us know what we can bring to the gathering...

We are arriving on Friday the 10th.

Dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

We will be in section A-2 at Escapade. Louise is helping with the Quilters and I am helping with the wood carving. We will see you all there.

Tell me more about the woodcarving. We'll be in A-1 arriving the 10th. Hope to meet you and the Class of 06.

Randy and Kat Sines with the Furchild Jade

2008 Fleetwood Southwind 35A

2011 Ford Escape

visit our Blog at http://2inabox.blogspot.com/

We're arriving Saturday and will be in Section A-1. Remember, we have the pink & purple dragon (Figment) on our door. We will host the get together - - which evening seems to be the best for everyone?

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We will be in A2. We are arriving on the 10th. Looking foward to meeting up with all the o6ers. There will be a woodcarvers class and sitin. Everyone is welcome to come and join us. If you have never carved or if you are a master, come make some chips with us. They tell me that starter kits will be available. There will be a sign up on Sunday for the beginners class so we know how many will be there.

Archived