Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't seem to get many posts on here, do we?

Jeff and I are still in Illinois where we'll continue to be until end of July. Today we're driving into Wisconsin to see some sights with some new friends we met on the Navy Base. Where are the rest of you guys?

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Good Morning All,

We have been in Colorado Springs, CO for almost three weeks. Garden of the Gods, USAF Acadamy, Ft Carson, CO and a really nice city for a staycation!!. Tuesday we move on to Loveland, where relatives are coming to visit and we will be visiting friends from years past and the Colorado Ren Fair. We think the center piece will be the Rocky Mountain National Park. Spent a day trip there last year and decided to put it in our itinerary this year.

Dick and Paula

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

We don't seem to get many posts on here, do we?

Jeff and I are still in Illinois where we'll continue to be until end of July. Today we're driving into Wisconsin to see some sights with some new friends we met on the Navy Base. Where are the rest of you guys?

We're still in Washington, will head towards Montana in about a week.

Looks like as a group we are all tending to stay a little longer in places before heading on.

On the bright side for us, the rain has stopped for a few days!!!! :lol:

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hello Classmates--

Gail and Keith have been in Columbus OH for 2 weeks visiting grandkids (and their Parents) Now we are at a state park- A. W. Marion State Park east of Circleville. OH state parks are half price during the week for us old folks. Taking the grands to the woods to cure their "nature deficit" hasn't worked out well so far. They are afraid of spiders or snakes and we are all slopping around in the mud. I would be glad to share some of this liquid sunshine with any of you.

We bought a new inflatable kayak and are enjoying it so much more than the cheap one we had. We will stop soon at a National Scenic River to cruise it. Our summer adventures include New York State and Quebec and the Maritimes. By Sept we will be at Acadia NP and start heading west. Winter will be back at Santa Ana NWR in the Rio Grande Valley.

I hope we will come across some classmates along the way. Anyone going to the Northeast?

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Hello all,

We are still having winter weather here in Idaho...it has been snowing off and on all afternoon but, due to temperatures in the 40's, is not sticking on the ground. The calendar tells us that summer will arrive this weekend. We sure hope it actually begins to act that way.

Classmate Judy Bell arrived at Red Rock recently but has spent a lot of time with a family member who has just moved on. We hope to spend some time with her and other folks passing by during the summer months.

Red Rock RV Park is full for July but has plenty of space left for those of you heading this way in August or September.

Come on up you all...the weather will improve!!!

Safe travels everyone....

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hello all,

We are still having winter weather here in Idaho...it has been snowing off and on all afternoon but, due to temperatures in the 40's, is not sticking on the ground. The calendar tells us that summer will arrive this weekend. We sure hope it actually begins to act that way.

Classmate Judy Bell arrived at Red Rock recently but has spent a lot of time with a family member who has just moved on. We hope to spend some time with her and other folks passing by during the summer months.

Red Rock RV Park is full for July but has plenty of space left for those of you heading this way in August or September.

Come on up you all...the weather will improve!!!

Safe travels everyone....

Gordon and Juanita

OK Gordon, so does this mean your are going to guarantee good weather (non wintery conditions) when we arrive about the 26th of July? Seems like the weather has been on the cooler side. Makes me wonder about "Global Warming". We are now in Loveland and getting ready to go to the Colorado RenFair and spend some time in the Rocky Mountain National Park amongs visiting with relatives and friends. Take care and keep the snow shovel handy, LOL.

Dick

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

OK Gordon, so does this mean your are going to guarantee good weather (non wintery conditions) when we arrive about the 26th of July? Seems like the weather has been on the cooler side. Makes me wonder about "Global Warming". We are now in Loveland and getting ready to go to the Colorado RenFair and spend some time in the Rocky Mountain National Park amongs visiting with relatives and friends. Take care and keep the snow shovel handy, LOL.

Dick

I think the winter has FINALLY ended...we are actually expecting temperatures near 80 early next week...a veritable heat wave!!! We are located in the mountains though, so you can never guarantee anything. Good weather is a fair possibility only. :rolleyes:

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Just heard from fellow Class Member ( now in a S&:blink: Charlie Harris (Charlie60) that Gene (Reb) Schaffer passed away last night. Since Shirley is the one that called Charlie last night she must be doing OK for what happened.

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

We are sadden to hear about Gene's passing but blessed we got to meet him. Our thoughts and prayers are with Shirley and their family.

Just heard from fellow Class Member ( now in a S&:rolleyes: Charlie Harris (Charlie60) that Gene (Reb) Schaffer passed away last night. Since Shirley is the one that called Charlie last night she must be doing OK for what happened.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

So sorry to hear about Gene. Does anyone know if they were still on the road?

They were at their place in Washington.. We were just making plans to meet up with them in a couple of weeks.

Gene (Reb) got phenomena went into the hospital on Tuesday and passed away on wednesday... Shirley is still in shock. Our hearts go out to her.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Helen,

Thanks for the update. We knew that they had come off of the road but weren't sure they were still in Washington.

We only got to spend a few days with them a few years ago, but it was clear the love and affection they had for each other. Like others, our condolences go out to Shirley and her family.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 3 weeks later...

I can't stand it when our forum falls too far down the list!!! What is everyone up too?

it's almost August and I am sure fall travels are being planned....where ya headed .....

We are in Austin, Tx at Balcones NWR till end of the month. It's been a good tour of duty, I even got to completely outfit two new 30' travel trailers for use by USFW service. First of August we are taking our two 20 something kids for a summer "camping" trip to the Guadalupe river for a week of tubing and campfires. We have a commitment at Bosque NWR in Socorro, NM for the fall but that may not work out so who knows where we will be. Lately we have been "vacationing" more and volunteering less. Maybe we will get to Q this year? or spend the winter in the valley at a RV resort :)

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Today we visited the National Historical Site of Fort Union, a fur trading post on the Missouri river just south of Willington, North Dakota. We also went to the spot where the Yellowstone meets the Missouri - quite a few. We are heading a little further south to the area of the Lewis and Clark site on the Missouri south of Minot (by Riverdale, ND where there is a Corps park) and then we will head for Rapid City to spend a week.

Upper midwest is very warm, the mosquitos are HUGE because they got a lot of moisture this year - - the Missouri is high and all of the reservoirs are full. Lots of green all over the place.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Speaking of mosquitos - I was getting 7-8 bites at a time taking the dog out for her morning walk unless I sprayed heavily with OFF. We then tried the new OFF clip-ons. Haven't had a mosquito bite since. Finally, something that WORKS! And no, we don't get a kick-back from the company.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Speaking of mosquitos - I was getting 7-8 bites at a time taking the dog out for her morning walk unless I sprayed heavily with OFF. We then tried the new OFF clip-ons. Haven't had a mosquito bite since. Finally, something that WORKS! And no, we don't get a kick-back from the company.

I'm putting this on my shopping list today! Thanks for the tip.

Linda Sand

currently in Minnesota where the mosquito is the state bird. :)

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We are currently in Clarkston, WA, meeting up with friends to do the Snake River rapids (tomorrow!). Then heading up to Spokane, WA area for a few weeks. Our first visit to OR and WA :-)

Won't make the Escapade this year :-(

Oh and speaking of Mosquitoes, we were swamped with them in Crater Lake !#@!%@! Beautiful area but man oh man were they bad!

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

We have arrived at Ishpeming, MI with FHU for the first time in three months. Can you say loooonnnnnngggggg shower? Plus they have a hot tub here which I aim to take advantage of. We're staying here at Country Village RV for four nights while we see the yooper sights, then on to Copper Harbor.

Well you all certainly seem to be having a great time.

Ishpeming was one of my favorite stops; be sure to vsit the Ski Hall of Fame and "Da Yuppers Tourist Trap".

I just finnished 4 nights of free boondocking at the Garlic Festival in Gilroy. Ahhh, the food! That festival is all about food! The garlic ice cream was great and ther scampi is to die for. This year it was cool and comfortable with high's in the mid 80's and low's in the mid 50's.

I'm not going to this Escapade but will be at the one next year after my very first visit to Yellowstone.

I'm open to all good advice about Montana and Yellowstone for my trip next year.

Be safe....

(That old line about keeping the rubber side down doesn't work for those of us with rubber roofs, does it?)

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Archived