Tow Vehicle

My husband passed in January. I sold our Motorhome and bought a Cougar Halt Ton 32rli TT. Will a half ton truck pull it? Any other type of vehicle can tow it? I don't plan on moving it, setting up fulltime in a park in Nevada. They require you to have a vehicle on site that can move it. ( I didn't know that when I bought the TT. I hate lose my Jeep Cherokee Trailblazer . Here is the specs for the trailer. 

2021 32RLI Specifications
Sleeps 5
Slides 3
Length 35 ft 11 in
Ext Height 11 ft 4 in
Interior Color Driftwood
Hitch Weight 1165 lbs
Dry Weight 8329 lbs
Cargo Capacity 2171 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity 60 gals

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Still here but gave up the RV last spring. Good to see you back!

9 minutes ago, pappy437 said:

A half ton will move it in a pinch. Why put up with a 3/4 ton if it's only going to be for emergency use? 

Thanks, makes sense to me.. Thank You. 

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Still here but gave up the RV last spring. Good to see you back!

Never gave it up. Full-time. I started out Solo, got married, think you met him in Vermont or MA. rally in 2016. Comer passed 2.5 months ago. Decided to sell the MH and keep a TT parked in Las Vegas to be near my daughter. I may look for a lite weight something that I can tow behind the Cherokee so I can take off when I get the itch to hitch.  After all this time and alone I can't see me in a house or apartment.  

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

5 hours ago, Cookie1 said:

My husband passed in January. I sold our Motorhome and bought a Cougar Halt Ton 32rli TT. Will a half ton truck pull it? Any other type of vehicle can tow it? I don't plan on moving it, setting up fulltime in a park in Nevada. They require you to have a vehicle on site that can move it. ( I didn't know that when I bought the TT. I hate lose my Jeep Cherokee Trailblazer . Here is the specs for the trailer. 

2021 32RLI Specifications
Sleeps 5
Slides 3
Length 35 ft 11 in
Ext Height 11 ft 4 in
Interior Color Driftwood
Hitch Weight 1165 lbs
Dry Weight 8329 lbs
Cargo Capacity 2171 lbs
Fresh Water Capacity 60 gals

Thank You everyone that responded.

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Sorry for your loss. You may find a company that can take it from the dealership to your site for a fee, and then you don't have to change vehicles. Check with the dealer or see what you can find on line. Our neighbors did that, had a transport company move it to their site.

Edited by Larry Burkett

I have a friend that is taking it to Nevada for me. The park I wanted to stay at requires a tow vehicle on site! The other park is where I will stay (way more $$) doesn't require the vehicle on property BUT they do require to hook-up every 180 days leave the park and come back in, something to do with Nevada RV park vs Mobile homes  parks rules/laws. I just thought I would checkout a truck so I could stay at the other park. 

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

I think that you would be better off in the park that you don't have to leave, but make sure that is true as it may be the reason for requiring a tow vehicle. If all that they require is having a tow vehicle but you don't ever have to move, you could alway just find the cheapest half ton pickup and park it, then keep your Jeep to drive. The second park is going to get to be a real headache to move out and in twice a year and that will also get expensive. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

With an advertised hitch weight of 1,165lbs., that trailer weight is right at the maximum for a ½T pickup.

Play around with this towing calculator to see the maximums.

https://towengine.com/towing-capacity-calculator/

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961