RV LIFE TRIP WIZARD

We use it all the time . . . Works Great for us

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Been using RVTW for 4 years now. Yes it does take a little time and experience using it. It has a lot of options you can choose to use or not. I recommended it to a couple we met that said they were not tech savvy at all and it looked to complicated. I gave them a little tutorial and made up some simple trips and showed them the versatility of the tool. They ended up loving it and they get better the more they use it.. 

Steve & Tami Cass, Fulltime Somewhere

2018 Ram 3500 DRW / 2019 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL S-Class. Texas Class A Drivers License

It has -some- boondocking locations on the map. Not a lot but you can click on a spot on the map and add it with a description as a destination. My Garmin RV actually has started adding boondocking spots tho.

In theory you can use RVTW as a real time nav aid, I have not got it working very well tho. But having the Garmin I don't need it and have mot really tried. The two apps come up with different paths frequent, the Garmin is often the shorter of the two.

They have a pretty good staff on their Help Desk - click on the "Contact Us" button anyswhere on the page and someone will respond quickly. Everyone on the Help Desk is a user, and an RV traveler, so they are pretty knowledgeable.

2007 Fleetwood Bounder on a Workhorse W22 - towing a 2020 Jeep Gladiator or a 2022 Jeep Wrangler

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using it for 3+ years. One long trip a year and a few short ones. We love it. I set the amount of hours I want to travel (6) and set the average speed to 50mph.  I also choose non interstate.  Then I see what town falls around the 6 hour mark and look for a place to stay...Usually I look at Harvest Host and find one in that area.  With the setting I choose I like the fact that we usually arrive earlier than predicted (opposite of what Google maps would predict) We use the website for planning, the app on the phone when driving....The app sometimes use to glitch out, but not lately.

Edited by segare

Steve and Jill

1999 Lazy Daze 26.5 MB

Florida Resident