Dish sunsetting 129

We just setup a new 1000.2 West dish, and we were unable to tune in 129.

Called Dish, they say that 129 has been deactivated and channels moved to 110 & 119.  New software is pending to remove the 129 from the config.

Playmaker says the same thing.. Red X for 129.

True for anyone else?

Dish did the same for the Eastern arc. 61.5 and 72 are used. 79 has been deleted. I was told ecomonics

I have no idea who owsn what or uses what. At one time Dish was leasing from Direct.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I noticed 129 was missing when I set up at my last location.  I was a bit concerned a ran a check switch a few times thinking there was an issue.  Seems that what dish told you was correct though.  I only had two satellites, but had all my channels.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

For a couple of months, Dish had been doing a planned upgrade of the western arc sats at 110 and 119 as they transitioned from MPEG2 to MPEG4 protocols. The upgrade also included moving all HD programming from the CIEL-2 sat at 129 to Dish's 110 and 119 sats in preparation for the end of lease/end of service life of the CIEL-2 sat owned by the Canadian Ciel Satellite Group. CIEL-2 was launched in 2008 with a 16 year design life and its entire capacity was leased by Dish since launch. The Dish sats at 110 and 119 are owned by soon to be merged Dish sister company Echostar.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 5 weeks later...

We just moved back into our trailer so we are using our X2 portable dish with a 211K receiver and it still wants to find 129 and of coarse it can so it won't finish it's setup unless I manually tell it view tv. That also means if the power gets interrupted when we are gone it will not automatically set itself up. Will a new Wally eliminate this problem or will I have to contact Winegard for updated software.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

32 minutes ago, D&J said:

We just moved back into our trailer so we are using our X2 portable dish with a 211K receiver and it still wants to find 129 and of coarse it can so it won't finish it's setup unless I manually tell it view tv. That also means if the power gets interrupted when we are gone it will not automatically set itself up. Will a new Wally eliminate this problem or will I have to contact Winegard for updated software.

Denny

The Wallys will update themselves via satellite when firmware is available. I'm guessing that Dish hasn't gotten around to - or hasn't bothered - to update the firmware for the Wallys, yet.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

38 minutes ago, Second Chance said:

The Wallys will update themselves via satellite when firmware is available. I'm guessing that Dish hasn't gotten around to - or hasn't bothered - to update the firmware for the Wallys, yet.

Rob

We don't have a Wally we had a 211K. If someone with a Wally I would like to know if it has updated.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

For those of you with VIP's, has any one tried clearing the satellite list by disconnecting the coax to the dish and running a check switch? Accept the message that says you have fewer satellites, and then reconnect the coax and run the test again. It should only find the 110 and 119 sats this time of course, and hopefully stop looking for the dark 129 sat.

Dutch

22 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

For those of you with VIP's, has any one tried clearing the satellite list by disconnecting the coax to the dish and running a check switch? Accept the message that says you have fewer satellites, and then reconnect the coax and run the test again. It should only find the 110 and 119 sats this time of course, and hopefully stop looking for the dark 129 sat.

I tried it and if made no difference 😒 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

43 minutes ago, D&J said:

I tried it and if made no difference 😒 

Denny

Thanks for the report, Denny. It was worth a try, but I'm sorry it didn't help. I haven't owned a VIP211K for a number of years now, so I couldn't try it first.

Dutch

• 4 weeks later...

When we fire up the wally and go thru finding the satellites a screen comes up saying all sats not found, you acknowledge it and it finishes up. I was on the phone today with an advanced tech support lady, and she told me that 129 was  sunseted because it was old and being replaced with sat 118 in the near future.     

5 hours ago, mrschwarz said:

What about people with Travel'rs? Will the firmware allow it to ignore 129?

It works fine with our Travel’r antenna.  No issues since the sunset of 129.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

13 hours ago, Larry Burkett said:

When we fire up the wally and go thru finding the satellites a screen comes up saying all sats not found, you acknowledge it and it finishes up. I was on the phone today with an advanced tech support lady, and she told me that 129 was  sunseted because it was old and being replaced with sat 118 in the near future.     

I hope she meant 119, not 118. None of the current standard WA LNBF's will pick up 118.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

Let's face it there is no way the Dish will start using a satellite in a new position that existing equipment won't pick up. The 118 sat will probably be moved into some existing position like where 129 was and then renamed.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

12 minutes ago, D&J said:

Let's face it there is no way the Dish will start using a satellite in a new position that existing equipment won't pick up. The 118 sat will probably be moved into some existing position like where 129 was and then renamed.

Denny

Isn't the 118.8 sat pretty busy already carrying  the Dish International channel package?

Dutch