AZ Military Parks

Tulecreeper

Does anyone have any recent experience with any of them?  Saguaro Skies, Boneyard Vista, or down by Yuma?  Prices, how congested they get, do they fill up during the winter...that sort of thing.  Thanks...

Edited by Tulecreeper

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

• Tulecreeper changed the title to AZ Military Parks
37 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

If you are on FB you should ask these questions in the Military RVing group. I know there are a number of folks there that have stayed Davis Monthan for extended periods.

I'll give that a shot, too.  But I figured, this is an RV site, with a veteran's forum, so why not also post the question here?

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

Been a few years but Yuma Proving Grounds has a nice FamCamp with a pretty good sized overflow for dry camping.  There were a lot of long term (6 months) rentals then and getting into the full hookup in the peak of winter snowbird season could be a challenge.

Here is a link to the Arizona military recreation facilities:  https://www.militarycampgrounds.us/arizona

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

13 hours ago, lenp said:

Been a few years but Yuma Proving Grounds has a nice FamCamp with a pretty good sized overflow for dry camping.  There were a lot of long term (6 months) rentals then and getting into the full hookup in the peak of winter snowbird season could be a challenge.

Here is a link to the Arizona military recreation facilities:  https://www.militarycampgrounds.us/arizona

Lenp

Thank you.

US Navy (Ret)

you probably already have this app, but I'll post it here incase someone doesn't

AllStays C-RV   has military Famcamp and other military rec facilities not listed in the other Allstays apps.

I only see a link to Apple store on their web page.

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

12 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

you probably already have this app, but I'll post it here incase someone doesn't

AllStays C-RV   has military Famcamp and other military rec facilities not listed in the other Allstays apps.

Much appreciated.

US Navy (Ret)

In Yuma we stayed twice T the SKP Kofa CoOp. It is in the middle of citrus groves and was quiet and friendly. https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/arizona/yuma/kofa-ko-op-escapees-park-6278 

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 4/27/2023 at 1:00 AM, franco-bolli said:

When a military membrer joins militarycampgrounds.us Larry mails you a CD with all the famcamps and information to use off-line with your laptop. Allstays requires a cell signal and internet service.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

14 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

When a military membrer joins militarycampgrounds.us Larry mails you a CD with all the famcamps and information to use off-line with your laptop. Allstays requires a cell signal and internet service.

Thank you.  I checked and can't use it since I have an Android phone.

Edited by Tulecreeper

US Navy (Ret)