Android Auto VS Apple Car Play

lappir

Going to visit the T-Mobile store in the next few days and most likely will try out one of their plans. 

I'm currently in a Grandfathered Verizon plan that has served me very well until recently and I'm not sure why it's causing me troubles now. 

Another thing that I noticed with a recent trip to visit my youngest daughter(who has an iPhone). Her Mother, friends and such can always tell where she is. I'm not sure how it works, but with her recently being the next door neighbor to the majority of the news reports regarding the Tornado in Norman, OK. I'd like to have the option of at least knowing where her phone is too. I'm sure I'll have to have an iPhone and she will have to grant me access to her locations. 

I've also become accustomed to the Android Auto in my Jeep. The Jeep is parked for a bit and my other vehicles are much older. I'm thinking of upgrading the head unit in both the truck and VehiCross and hope I can get a similar model in both and maybe move a screen from one to the other depending on which one is being used. Not sure yet if that's even possible. 

As you can see I have fallen for the Advertisements from T-Mobile even when I hardly ever turn on a TV and do not listen to commercial radio ever. 

Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions or feedback. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Rod,

We'd been with Verizon since Cingular shut down, then T-Mobile back in 2021 who offered us free phones and Verizon offered nothing no discounts etc. But T-Mobile did so we switched. They gave use new Samsung bottom tier 5G phones and we went home and they were no longer working at all, went back, spent a full Saturday and Sunday with them in their store whole they tried to get their new free phones they issued to us working and they got them then they would not work. We did not care about getting more expensive phones if the ones they gave us sealed and new  worked.

We never had a problem with getting our phones to work with Verizon. So we turned everything in within 7 days which by law means a full refund. They fought us tooth and nail on any refund then we got all of it back except 35 bucks they called a fee of some sort. I've slept since then.

We had to get a StraightTalk (ST) account fast and we got both our old phones working on the ST system with few dead spots here or anywhere. We got ST to give us time to find another provider. We did find a fairly new NVMO using Verizon towers and switched to them. US Mobile is more expensive now but we are grandfathered much cheaper than T-Mobile and we have been with them for two years now. Flawless service and three lines unlimited talk text and data for $61 a month including all taxes and fees.

Maybe it was that one T-Mobile storefront we did business with but there was a giant breach at the same time then with our personal data exposed too I found out the next week or so.

My experience is anecdotal and one data point but I would read the fine print and get in writing that you can get a full refund within 7 days if they do not work or you are unhappy with them.

I had to cancel the credit card T-Mobile was trying to charge with illegal fees etc since we returned everything within four days. As well they HQ said we had to deal with the store locally because it was not a corporate store but a privately owned T-Mobile store.

I would not do business with them if they gave me the phones and service free as I got to see how they operate when things go wrong because they were in the wrong and could not provide us service.

It turned out much better price and service wise with who we went with, US Mobile.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

53 minutes ago, RV_ said:

with Verizon since Cingular shut down,

In late 2005, SBC (the majority partner in Cingular) acquired the original AT&T, and rebranded as "the new AT&T". Cingular became wholly owned by the new AT&T in December 2006 as a result of the new AT&T's acquisition of BellSouth.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Maybe it was that one T-Mobile storefront we did business with but there was a giant breach at the same time then with our personal data exposed too I found out the next week or so.

My experience is anecdotal and one data point but I would read the fine print and get in writing that you can get a full refund within 7 days if they do not work or you are unhappy with them. 

As counterpoint to this we have had T-Mobile since around 1995 or so when it was called VoiceStream. In all that time we have never had a problem that that was not resolved in a timely and professional manner, in fact, in couple of instances equipment was replaced even though it was past warranty expiry. We are on the 55+ plan and that gives us unlimited talk/text/data and mobile hotspotting. We have used it seamlessly in Scotland, Ireland, and Mexico. 

By all means read the fine print as that is a good policy any time you are entering an agreement, although T-Mobile has no real red tape other than that you need pay for a phone that you have on the payment scheme in full if you cancel service.

As to that data breach, this is from T-Mobile:

The information obtained for each customer varies and may include full names, dates of birth, phone numbers, billing addresses, email addresses, and account and line information (such as billing account numbers, codes for rate plans and features, and number of lines on the account).

Passwords, SSNs and payment methods and usage or call records were NOT affected. NO unauthorized account changes or charges or other fraudulent activity has been detected that is connected to this event.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg