Frameless window crazed and a storm coming

RV-EMS

Any experience with sealing up a frameless window while we wait for replacement? The park we were in was mowing and … our front passenger side window upper is shattered but in place.

First problem is that a storm is coming in and the window is already starting to leak a bit.

Second problem is we are supposed to travel in a few weeks and the possibility of having it fully repaired by then doesn’t look hopeful.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of nonsense?

EF2E7496-0A3F-4F6E-AD8C-4DDC5DDF4A4C.jpeg

If it is leaking around the perimeter of the glass you can probably seal it with duct tape as a temporary fix. I have done that in similar situations successfully. You do want to use a quality tape as cheap ones will leave a residue when removed. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

26 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

If it is leaking around the perimeter of the glass you can probably seal it with duct tape as a temporary fix. I have done that in similar situations successfully. You do want to use a quality tape as cheap ones will leave a residue when removed. 

If there's tape residue , WD40 will take it off quick . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

There is a product called Collision Wrap, it comes on a 36-inch-wide roll.   It sticks on very well and is made to cover parts of cars that are damaged to prevent more water damage.   You should be able to get it at any auto body supply shop or I think Amazon sells it.  It works great for covering broken glass.  

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

Yup, collision wrap, or Glad Press-n-Seal wrap. Cover all the way to bodywork, not just the glass, to keep rain out.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I have used packaging tape with success to keep the glass together until it can be replaced. Replacing window glass is a PITA. The actual part numbers are on a sticker on the inside of the frame, meaning you must remove window frame to access the label. It's not difficult, but a royal pain, then about 5 weeks for Duncan/LCI to make the replacement.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, Detroit 60 Series 14L, Eaton Fuller 10spd Ultrashift, w/3:73

No photo description available.

8 hours ago, dmk said:

I have used packaging tape with success to keep the glass together until it can be replaced. Replacing window glass is a PITA. The actual part numbers are on a sticker on the inside of the frame, meaning you must remove window frame to access the label. It's not difficult, but a royal pain, then about 5 weeks for Duncan/LCI to make the replacement.

I used the Gorilla brand "Duck" tape for almost a year on a window that shattered but stayed in place. Too months to get the window but then I couldn't find anyone willing to assist with the replacement. It's not a one person two hands job for sure. Finally made it back to the "Factory" to have it put in. Had paid them to ship it to me when it arrive there. Should have left it in their hands. I'm lucky I didn't break it before they could put it in. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.