Mudflap Fuel App

Tackleberry

My brother (who is a trucker) turned me on to this free app.

They must buy bulk fuel and offer users discounts.  I saved .50 cents a gallon off posted pump price last fill up.

You link your debit card to your account.

The map shows you the prices in your area.

You get a fuel code on your phone.

Show the code to the cashier.

Pump fuel (disregard what pump price says, you're paying less)

Go back in to cashier and sign receipt.

The app deducts fuel price from your debit card.

I was shocked at the steep discounts posted.  I can plan my fuel a lot better now for my trip to Key West next month.  I'll try to fill up in GA. I see $4.50 a gallon there right now with app.  Best "near" me right now is $4.83 in NJ.

Local BJ's is $5.36, but those are not always on my route.

Hal from Long Island
2000 Volvo 770, Cummings N14, 10 Speed Eaton Auto-Shift
2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420 AMP Toy Hauler

rsz_1rsz_1both22.png

"You link your debit card to the account"; therein lies the rub. Most here set-up a separate checking account strictly for that paying that account, then fund it accordingly. That eliminates any chance of a clerical error draining your main bank account and leaving you broke until the error is resolved.

Many here have been using the TCS card or the TSD card for several years now.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

2 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

"You link your debit card to the account"; therein lies the rub. Most here set-up a separate checking account strictly for that paying that account, then fund it accordingly. That eliminates any chance of a clerical error draining your main bank account and leaving you broke until the error is resolved.

Many here have been using the TCS card or the TSD card for several years now.

You can also use a credit card with Mudflap, so you still have some protection.

I have accounts with both TSD and Mudflap. About doubles my fuel buying options, but you want to check both for the best price.

Big tanks give flexibility too.  Our local Costco beats any of the prices I can get within 50 miles of home using a TSD card, and we have almost 2,000 miles of range.  Look ahead and often you can find decent prices without having to be tied to a service.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Pump prices are about $5.80 avg around here.  Costco is $4.42.  BUT, there's not a Costco at every corner, and they don't all have diesel.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

TSD card shows $4.16 at TAs in Georgia, and $4.12 at some Speedways. There's even one TA on the west side of Georgia showing $3.95. I always check the TSD app versus GasBuddy. With the Sam's Club credit card you get 5% back on fuel, and with diesel at $5 that's a 25 cent credit. Involves math, but it's worth it! Wish there were more Costcos and Sam's Clubs with diesel, they have the best prices.

0509211517a-tiny.jpg.0313fb3892d85eca18617732fa6d04ac.jpg

2007 Freightliner M2-112, 68' connected

2021 New Horizons Majestic 45' toyhauler

2001 Kawasaki Concours

2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMD