2023 West Coast HDT Rally - June 12-19, 2023

Chad Heiser

The 2023 West Coast HDT Rally is scheduled for June 12-19, 2023.

The rally has opened up for registrations.  An advance email went out Monday to past rally attendees and all those who signed up for the rally email list through the contact form on the rally website (HDTWCR.com).  As of lunch time today (Wednesday) there was one site still available at Ambassador for potential rally attendees during the rally.  I know this doesn't leave much room for those not on the rally email list, but it is the process we have in place.  If you want to get advanced notice for future rallies, please sign up for the email list through the contact form on the website.  

Ambassador RV Resort is our host campground for the rally.  It is a beautiful park and has huge sites that work nicely for our large rigs.  Unfortunately they have a limited number of those sites available for short term rentals and this limits the number of rally attendees we can host.  We discuss this every year at the rally and so far the consensus of the group is to keep using Ambassador as our host facility even though it limits the number of attendees.  We always have a high number of first time rally attendees at each rally, so I know it isn't keeping people from the opportunity to attend, but it does limit our overall numbers.

If you would like to attend the rally, but can't get a site at Ambassador, there are other options in the area.  Canyon County Fairgrounds/O'Connor Field House on the other side of the interstate from where Ambassador is located has 15 Full Hook Up sites available.  For Elks members, the Caldwell Elks Lodge, one exit west on the interstate from Ambassador, has 8 spaces with water and 30 amp power (they utilize the fairgrounds for a free dump station).  There are also other commercial RV parks in the area.  The Caldwell Campground & RV Park is off the next exit past the Elks Lodge and Abundant Life RV Park is also in the area on the same side of the interstate as the Fairgrounds, but a bit further east.

You can also still contact Ambassador and get added to the wait list there.  We are still 8 months away from the actual rally, so I am sure there will be cancellations for various reasons which will open up sites at Ambassador along the way.

If you have any questions about the rally, feel free to ask or comment here.  You can also contact me directly at chad@hdtwcr.com.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Not quite as fast as last year, but still went quickly.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• Phil D pinned this topic

I am slowly getting completed registration forms from attendees.  So far we have approximately 40% first time attendees.  I have also received 5 or 6 registrations from people who were not on the original email blast, so it appears the word got out to at least a few of those who weren't on the early notification list as well.

For those of you who are registered at Ambassador, but haven't completed the Rally Registration Form, please go here and complete the form.   

event.png    

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it took a couple of tries, but the email with the (correct) link to the web store to pay rally fees and make other purchases went out to everyone this evening.  If you are signed up for the rally, check your email for the link.  If you didn’t receive it or can’t find it, contact me and let me know.

The rally itself is shaping up.  I’m still finalizing the schedule, but hopefully will have that nailed down soon.  Once I do, I will let everyone know and I will update the website.

I also have several vendors/service providers lined up for rally attendees to take advantage of.  Check your email for that information as well.

See you in June.

event.png    

• 1 month later...

We are just about a month away from the rally.  The schedule has been finalized and posted on the rally website home page.  There are a lot of services available to rally attendees this year and hopefully attendees will find them beneficial.

For those interested, a few of us will be gathering after the rally for some boondocking in the area near the rally site.  We will be at the Hemingway Butte OHV trailhead.  It is a nice secluded area and offers lots of trails for those so inclined to go offroading.

See you in June.

event.png    

On 5/10/2023 at 11:17 AM, Chad Heiser said:

We are just about a month away from the rally.  The schedule has been finalized and posted on the rally website home page.  There are a lot of services available to rally attendees this year and hopefully attendees will find them beneficial.

For those interested, a few of us will be gathering after the rally for some boondocking in the area near the rally site.  We will be at the Hemingway Butte OHV trailhead.  It is a nice secluded area and offers lots of trails for those so inclined to go offroading.

See you in June.

Hey Chad do these trails accommodate  jeeps. If so we might be interested.

On 5/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, runaway parents said:

Hey Chad do these trails accommodate  jeeps. If so we might be interested.

There are some trails that will accommodate jeeps and the like.  It is a fairly large area with many different trail types.

event.png    

• 4 weeks later...

We are sitting in Winnemucca for the night.  We will pull into Ambassador tomorrow afternoon with a couple other rigs.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

The rally was a lot of fun, but went by way too fast.  

event.png    

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to adding pictures and updating the website for the 2023 WCR.  It's amazing how little "free" time I have since I "retired."  😜

Here is a link to the page for those that are interested.

https://hdtwcr.com/2023-west-coast-rally/

event.png    

• Phil D unpinned this topic