Old dog with weak back legs in fifth wheel

morninghill

Instead of weak muscles, the problem might be arthritis. Have you had your dog examined by a vet?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Instead of weak muscles, the problem might be arthritis.

Our last dog developed arthritis at about 14 or 15. Toward the end of her 16th year she needed help to stand after she would squat to potty.  She is gone but will never be forgotten.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

How much is a dog worth? by Ronald Regan. I almost cried during that movie scene.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 11 months later...

Old thread but:  We had larger dogs 70+ lbs, and one can purchase a "lift", sort of looks like one of the heavy duty cloth things that people would carry logs for a fireplace.  You can assist by lifting with straps with the support under the belly.  It worked great for two dogs of ours, and anyone with a larger dog should keep one on hand, just in case a dog is injured.  I used it walking the dog for short walks more toward the "end", and let me be able to keep her until she decided to "go".  A rude neighbor told me "when I had a dog like that, I put her down as it was too much of a hassle".  Geesh!  

Looked it up and they call them "lift harnesses".

Cathy