Verizon Internet Gateway

lenp

Anyone using one of these Verizon devices?  I picked one up earlier this week and so far, so good.  Great speeds (50-60Mbs).  Supposedly unlimited data with their $60 data plan. 

Anyone else using one of these devices?  How about experiences with their unlimited plan?

TIA,

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

1 hour ago, Bobbyb said:

Cell phone carriers have their own dictionary

Unlimited means that after using a small amount of data you are throttled to a ridiculous slow speed.

I have two unlimited data plans, one with AT&T and the other with Verizon's Visible service that are fully unlimited with no throttling at any time. Both are subject to deprioritization on heavily congested towers, but if that has happened, it doesn't seem to affect streaming. My combined cost for the two plans is just under $50/mo.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks for the feedback!  Verizon rep talked about deprioritization.  He indicated I might encounter it if I had the entry level "unlimited" plan but with the upgraded plan I should not encounter it.  We shall see!  Plan to leave Central Oregon heading for Louisiana in a couple of weeks and will put it to the test.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

15 hours ago, Bobbyb said:

Cell phone carriers have their own dictionary

Unlimited means that after using a small amount of data you are throttled to a ridiculous slow speed.

We also have a truly unlimited plan with no throttling - though we are grandfathered in and the plan is no longer available.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I bought a prepaid Orbic Speed hotspot last Jan. when they were $89, then signed up for the prepaid 50GB plan on sale @ $35/month. I have since deactivated it since we are home-bound until our MH is finished at the body shop. That plan is obsolete, the replacement is 100GB for $50/month.

Verizons hotspot speeds are fine IMO.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update.....

We have traveled from Central Oregon to Texas (Hondo SKP park) and have used this device at every place we have stopped EXCEPT for a two day stay in Brady, TX.  It has performed well everywhere EXCEPT Brady.  Stops included Burns, OR; Winnemucca, NV; roadside rest 11 miles south of Ely, NV; Delta, UT; Monticello, UT; Farmington, NM; Albuquerque, NM, Big Springs, TX; Brady, TX; and D'Hanis, TX.

We have been able to stream, browse and email everywhere with the exception of Brady.  Typical speeds were between 15 & 50 Mbs - more than adequate for what we do (TV, browse and email). 

Brady was the exception.  Phone showed five bars and LTE but we could not connect to internet with the Gateway OR my iPhone hotspot.

So far I am a happy camper!

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Lou, I had not checked the coverage maps.  Even without coverage in Brady I am still satisfied with what I have received.  ]

Thanks for checking the maps!

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited