Slide issue 2022 Montana 3791RD need help please

Chalkie

So I am getting a dish out of a cabinet and all of a sudden I hear a noise and the wife starts yelling. Turns out the slide in the den on the road side started to come in on its own. It came in about 10" and then quit. All the other slides work but that one will not come in or go out now.

I have no idea where to go beyond what I have done. None of the 12v fuses are showing the light like they do when one blows. No 120v circuit breakers have tripped. The only 12v fuse that is labeled for a slide is the kitchen slide.

I know that the wire should be purple/white and labeled #3 (I think) but I have no idea where it might be.

Any and all ideas are welcome! If nothing else I would like to get the slide out manually if possible before we get anymore rain, which thankfully is not forecast until Friday.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Is this a Schwintek slide?  Seeing the level of quality of the switches inside modern campers, that's where I'd look first.  The back of my switch panel was full of loose spade connectors, strands of wires poking out and within a few millimeters of other circuits and wires not even crimped.  I believe the Schwintek slides simply reverse polarity to a dual synchronous motor controller.   If it is there's a controller hidden somewhere with fault LEDs.

12 hours ago, VC 23RSS said:

Is this a Schwintek slide?  Seeing the level of quality of the switches inside modern campers, that's where I'd look first.  The back of my switch panel was full of loose spade connectors, strands of wires poking out and within a few millimeters of other circuits and wires not even crimped.  I believe the Schwintek slides simply reverse polarity to a dual synchronous motor controller.   If it is there's a controller hidden somewhere with fault LEDs.

I was told there were relays in the front basement. I know there are a ton of wires in the compartment housing the batteries so I will look for that too.

40 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

We need to know what type of slide system you have. Also if it is hydraulic driven is there fluid in the reservoir.

It is not the Montana inCommand system so it does have switches. They are rocker type - one way out the other in.

The slides are electric although I have no idea where the motor might be. How do I identify the type of slide? They have a black strip in both sides that almost looks like it is meant to engage a gear - does it? There is no sign of a mechanism under the slides save for some visible rollers.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Looks like Schwintek.   They use a motor on each side mounted up top with a shaft to drive the lower gear.  It's either a 300/1 or 500/1 gear reduction on these.  There is no way to crank them manually either.   A controller makes sure both motors run at the same speed.  If installed properly they seem reliable.   Too often the motors are placed incorrectly and the wire pinch.  Mine was that way but spotted and fixed prior to failure. 

I'll bet your problem is in the rocker switch or associated wiring.

VC that was a great video!  I don't need one now but for the relatively low cost compared to getting a new RV because a dealer has no options I'd consider it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I would suggest that you watch some Schwintek videos on YouTube. To get aquatinted about such systems.

Not the best system, but since you have it, now you need to understand it.

Find the controller for the system. You may need to investigate it. Learn what to do when operating it. And what not today.

You probably should have a extra motor for your system. Or upgrade to the higher rpm motor.if possible.

You need to gain knowledge about said system.

I had one last week that would not operate but 2”. Not plugged into shore power and generator was not operating.

Plugged it in and it works.