Need state park recommendations for this week near Reno

amarie1

What is a good state park/national forest I can stay at this Wed/Thurs/Fri that's on/near I-80, in the Reno area or just west of Reno? I'm with my brother on a Chicago-SF trip and he is pining for some wilderness time, but I need electric hookup. It would be our last stop before our Oakland CA destination. I have a 25 ft Class C and Paul is following in my Honda CRV. Thanks for any recommendations!

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

Friday night of Labor Day Weekend? That's one of the times most of us try to be parked safely by Wednesday and you have no reservation? Good luck. I hope someone has a better answer for you.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

cant think of any public sites that have electric, but if you can snag a spot in Truckee, say truckee river rv park or Coachland i think your brother will be happy with the high alpine environment and wilderness feel.  reno and the valleys in general will be over 100 degrees this weekend too, so being in the mtns will be a better temp.

I went on Recreation.Gov and it looks like there are still some sites available in Forest Service campgrounds but I didn't find any available ones with electricity, although I didn't look at all campgrounds so you may want to check them out. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

7 hours ago, amarie1 said:

thanks all, I'm going to try Washoe, which is first come/first served only. Fingers crossed! (and yes I have a generator just hate the noise.)

Going in Wed morning might work. Good luck.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Note:  I just looked up the state park web site and it states they now have electric in Loop A for an additional $10 over the $15 camping fee.   Also, due to drought conditions the lake may be very low or even dry.  It's been like that in years past.  It's still first-come.  I hope you can get a site!

http://parks.nv.gov/parks/washoe-lake

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

27 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I just looked up the state park web site and it states they now have electric in Loop A for an additional $10 over the $15 camping fee.

That's a good price!

Linda

woohoo! got in! The sign at the loop entrance said Loop A (with the elec hookups) was "full" but I tried circling around anyway, and found one empty spot. I backed in, leveled, hooked up (elec and water!). There is a clean bathhouse with flush toilets and large showers very near. 

The lake looks quite diminished but there's still plenty of water in it. It looks like a very low tide. 😉

$30/night for out-of-state, not bad!

AM

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)