Pacific Shores RV Resort, Newport, OR

Well, isn't that a haughty bunch as to what RVs are allowed.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

Well, isn't that a haughty bunch as to what RVs are allowed.

Ken

Yeah - right on their front page: "Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort is restricted to Class A and Class C Motor Coaches, 29 feet or greater in length and in “Like New” condition."

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I can't recall the year (probably 30 yrs ago or so) but this park was open to everyone.  We used to stay there for a few days over Christmas break so my daughter could swim in the indoor pool taking a break from the winter cold and rain.  While we were there a very strong coastal storm hit with gale force winds.  We could not evacuate as they closed the Newport bridge and area highways.  We hooked the travel trailer to the truck and tied it down to trees and post pulled in the slide and rode out the storm.  It was a very rocking night.   The next morning several trailers in the park had overturned.

That was when they went to exclusive motor homes only.  No trailers allowed.

2 hours ago, duraduk said:

That was when they went to exclusive motor homes only. 

That is interesting. I never thought of a motorized RV as more stable than a trailer but with the drive train I suppose that it might be. To the best of my memory, none of the other motorhome only parks that I have run across allowed class C rigs as this one does, so perhaps that might be the reason? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI