2022 HDT National Rally

Danfreda1

Arrived about 4pm today to a good crowd already. Most were in the West part of the park so I had my choice on the East side. Several came in after me. Three of the 4 at Spacecraft today also arrived the 4th is continuing their trip East. 

Hope to remember to post photos this year. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

First pictures luGdDOgl.jpg

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/3UJZT6xl.jpg[/IMG]pkPpbJbl.jpg

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

3UJZT6xl.jpg

q7OsGEhl.jpg

2007 Honda GL 1800

That's it for this morning. Have to be somewhere at 9am and it's dark here till after 7am so since I haven't worked mornings all summer I just get out of bed when it starts getting light. Will have to set the alarm for sure later in the week. 

Rod

iNf06g9l.jpg

Edited by lappir
Photo didn't attach.

2007 Honda GL 1800

The Annual National HDT Rally Truck line up and photo session is complete. 

My Jeep sure looked lonely there when I was the last person to move their vehicle from it's photo spot. Here's a semi public thank you for who ever "Ducked" my Jeep. It's my first and now I have to learn the etiquette. 

The weather was great and the sky clear for the photo. Lot's of big Trucks, many Smart Cars, several Jeeps, Two Can Am Spyders and a Sherp. Twas it's maiden voyage. Learned a bit about it and will get a photo of it soon. 

Lot's of new folks here, with many new trucks and trailers. One "Tiny House" (that's quite a bit more than the ones on TV) and once again more useful information. The core of presenters is once again very informative. Thanks to all who have helped and all who attended. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

The Rally is coming to an end. It's been a good Rally and as far as I can tell, all attendees have enjoyed their time here. 

I have taken a few photos, but not all that many. Spend most of my time attending seminars, wandering the event and talking with others who decided to spend the week in Kansas. 

I've attended several Rally's. I have a T shirt for the 2010 Rally, but am pretty sure my first one was in 2009. I rode my 1995 Goldwing  and pitched my tent beside Steve and Gail who were not able to attend this Rally for the first time in many years. 

Congratulations to Steve Voracek who has done a great job this year. I personally have missed  Steve  and Gail and some other attendees (Rocky and Sherri,  Rick&Alana, and several more) it was good to catch up with the Springfields, Mayers, Tiefels and several others.

Great also putting faces with names on the forum. 

I'm happy to report that 90% of my pot luck offering was at least chosen and that my contribution to the breakfast has been well received. Tomorrow we will be trying a new Breakfast item. "French Toast" . Hope everyone enjoys it. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 10 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, Danfreda1 said:

For our fellow HDTers that don’t do Facebook we have touched base with our new organizer/wagon master, Steve Voracek. He’s working closely with Steve Dixon to transition and hopes to have a website set for the group by early May. So stay tuned…feel free to reach out to Steve directly at Voraceks@yahoo.com

So, I really still don't do FB and am sad to see that no information regarding the upcoming (less than a month away) 2023 National HDT Rally hasn't posted here. 

I have had contact with Steve and do know the Rally is a go and there are LOTS of new folks coming this year. Some of the attendees who haven't missed a rally in over 11 years unfortunately won't be making it this year. :(

I will be there and hope to remember to mention it during one of the "Round Table" discussions. If I don't will someone remind me. 

Hope to see may of you there. 

Rod 

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 weeks later...

https://nationalhdtrally.org/2023-schedule/

Here is a schedule of events for the 2023 Rally. Let me know if you cannot open and I'll try a different way. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 9/11/2023 at 8:03 AM, rpsinc said:

I will be there.  Not sure yet in what arrangement other than will attend the week.  Seems like last I looked, there were ~90 rigs??!!  My second time to this one.

So as life does, I had some guys come polish my wheels on the new to me 2012 NH.  While the wheels were off I inspected the Morryde IS and discovered that 2 of my rubber springs are totally gone.  So new ones ordered but havent had the shipment email yet so hoping I get them in time for my ~1400 mile drive to Hutch.  Come to discover that life expectancy is 7-15 years BUT just like tires, if they sit, that life can be shortened.  Well, I am 4th owner and learned that 2nd owner had it stationary in a park for 5+ years.  I have 3 coming and hoping I can get the repair done in time for travel, but IF I cant bring the trailer, working on options.  Not sure if Fairgrounds has available facilities if I just bring the truck.  Havent ever used the truck solely, but I know other have.

I believe Morryde is expected to attend.

Marcel

10 hours ago, rpsinc said:

So as life does, I had some guys come polish my wheels on the new to me 2012 NH.  While the wheels were off I inspected the Morryde IS and discovered that 2 of my rubber springs are totally gone.  So new ones ordered but havent had the shipment email yet so hoping I get them in time for my ~1400 mile drive to Hutch.  Come to discover that life expectancy is 7-15 years BUT just like tires, if they sit, that life can be shortened.  Well, I am 4th owner and learned that 2nd owner had it stationary in a park for 5+ years.  I have 3 coming and hoping I can get the repair done in time for travel, but IF I cant bring the trailer, working on options.  Not sure if Fairgrounds has available facilities if I just bring the truck.  Havent ever used the truck solely, but I know other have.

I believe Morryde is expected to attend.

I attended one of the rallies in a Tent (my first) and then in the truck only a few years later when if I'd taken the trailer I might have lost my spot in Denver. 

Some people come and stay in a motel, others have RV's delivered to the site, set up and all they have to do is drive and bring some clothes. 

To my knowledge no one has asked to "Stay" in the 4H facilities that are used during the State Fair for kids to stay on the grounds. I'm sure they are pretty minimalist. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

9 hours ago, mike5511 said:

Speaking of polishing wheels, and bumpers. Mine are in need. Be nice if somebody came to the fairgrounds capable of doing that the week we are there. Bound to be others that would take advantage. I'll hunt around for somebody if there is any interest.

I don't know about wheels, but there is a family that does exterior cleaning. They are one of the Presenters this year, I believe. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

14 hours ago, lappir said:

I don't know about wheels, but there is a family that does exterior cleaning. They are one of the Presenters this year, I believe. 

Rod

I need somebody that knows how to use a buffer and get dirty. Actually the good ones use an angle grinder.

Edited by mike5511

• Phil D unpinned this topic