2022 HDT National Rally

Danfreda1

For our fellow HDTers that don’t do Facebook we have touched base with our new organizer/wagon master, Steve Voracek. He’s working closely with Steve Dixon to transition and hopes to have a website set for the group by early May. So stay tuned…feel free to reach out to Steve directly at Voraceks@yahoo.com

• Phil D pinned this topic

I'm glad someone stepped up and has taken the task. Name doesn't ring a bell for me, but I'm really bad at remembering names. Has he attended events before? 

I don't do Facebook anymore and hope he is able to share on this Forum too. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 2 weeks later...

Copied and pasted on behalf of Steve. I've made updates to the National HDT Rally facebook page.
For those wondering the new website should be up soon. Nationalhdtrally.org 
Planning on a CC option. Dates are set for October 9-15 2022. Cost will be $135 PP with a early discount of $10 so $125 up till Aug 15 after that it will be full price. If you want to pay before the website is up and running you can pay by check and mail it to me. C/o Steve Voracek 6760 David Scott Dr. Waterloo Il 62298

Edited by Danfreda1
Price

I really wanted to make the National Rally this year, but unfortunately it conflicts with another trip we already have planned.  Bummer.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We'll be in Albuquerque just before that, but we're hoping to make the tail end of the rally and partake in some of the "afterglow".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Copied and pasted on behalf of Steve. I've made updates to the National HDT Rally facebook page.
For those wondering the new website should be up soon. Nationalhdtrally.org 
Planning on a CC option. Dates are set for October 9-15 2022. Cost will be $135 PP with a early discount of $10 so $125 up till Aug 15 after that it will be full price. If you want to pay before the website is up and running you can pay by check and mail it to me. C/o Steve Voracek 6760 David Scott Dr. Waterloo Il 62298

Edited just now by Danfreda1 
Price

Thank you for the update. I have put the dates in my calendar. Not sure if I will be close enough to make it this year or not, but hope to. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Do you know if there is another rally before ours this year? Figuring on coming in about 4 days early.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Brad - The fairgounds schedule can be found here - https://www.kansasstatefair.com/events

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

3 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Do you know if there is another rally before ours this year? Figuring on coming in about 4 days early.

Brad, arriving early usually isn't a problem. Even if there is another event as long as it's not the Kansas State Fair. That's the only time the venue is sold out and there is a waiting list. At least that's what I remember hearing once. 

I arrived a few days early once. There were already several rigs there and the official campground was full. Thankfully the weather was nice and I didn't have to run my generator to have A/C cooling. I probably could have found a spot to plug in if I really needed to. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

2 hours ago, TreyandSusan said:

Brad - The fairgounds schedule can be found here - https://www.kansasstatefair.com/events

Thanks for the schedule Trey, 

Will you and Susan be attending?  It's been too long since seeing you two. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Hey Rod

Don't know. We always want to come.  For the time being, work and parental health problems kinda dictate our travel plans.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Thanks Trey. The schedule looks good. Was just asking after the FMCA was there last year and they were jerks.

I plan on arriving on Wed. the 5th.

Edited by Brad & Jacolyn

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

• 1 month later...

Pardon my ignorance but what is a cc option?

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

46 minutes ago, bags said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is a cc option?

I don't know for sure but assume its Credit Card. 

Now that I think about it I have no idea how I paid Steve and Gail except for two when I just brought them cash for the few days I was able to attend. If you are attending the full event it's always best to pay in advance to help the host's prepare. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Thanks JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

• 4 weeks later...

Signed up got through the CC entry and was directed to PayPal. Will check in a couple days to see if my CC was charged or not. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 5 weeks later...

Doesn't look like my purchase was processed. Will try again. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 months later...

Anyone there yet? 

I'm hoping to head to Spacecraft tomorrow late afternoon and will have a new window put into the kitchen slide. Depending on when it's finished I hope to make it to Hutch Friday. 

Ready for a rest. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800