New AC Unit for bedroom

Sparky242

Sounds good, is the mini split you have designed for RV use or is just a residential unit and where did you buy it?   Does the compressor unit go into a basement compartment? If it goes in a basement compartment, do you have to leave a compartment door open for air circulation?   Thank You

Mini splits are not designed for an RV, but can be adapted to fit an RV.  If you are going into the front bedroom, you have to have a place to mount the Condenser and compressor.  Then you have to mount the evaporator and fan (blower) on a wall in the bedroom and run the wires and refrigerant tubing between the two pieces. 

Recent developments have made available some ceiling mounted evaporators and fans.  This will require cutting holes in the roof.

Your best bet for your trailer is to use a regular roof mounted unit.  You can run the unit on the other end of the trailer for sleeping to keep the noise down.

Mini-Splits

Ken

When I had my first fifth wheel, 2011, it had a second stand alone AC in the bedroom. It was not ducked into the system and it was noisy and was on or off only. When I upgraded to a bigger, nicer fifth wheel it was the first thing that I made sure was all ducked into one vent system. I have upgraded once again and now have three ACs all with their own thermostats but all ducked together. Good Luck.