New AC Unit for bedroom

Sparky242

34 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Mini split

Mini Split. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Sounds good, is the mini split you have designed for RV use or is just a residential unit and where did you buy it?   Does the compressor unit go into a basement compartment? If it goes in a basement compartment, do you have to leave a compartment door open for air circulation?   Thank You

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

Mini splits are not designed for an RV, but can be adapted to fit an RV.  If you are going into the front bedroom, you have to have a place to mount the Condenser and compressor.  Then you have to mount the evaporator and fan (blower) on a wall in the bedroom and run the wires and refrigerant tubing between the two pieces. 

Recent developments have made available some ceiling mounted evaporators and fans.  This will require cutting holes in the roof.

Your best bet for your trailer is to use a regular roof mounted unit.  You can run the unit on the other end of the trailer for sleeping to keep the noise down.

Mini-Splits

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

When I had my first fifth wheel, 2011, it had a second stand alone AC in the bedroom. It was not ducked into the system and it was noisy and was on or off only. When I upgraded to a bigger, nicer fifth wheel it was the first thing that I made sure was all ducked into one vent system. I have upgraded once again and now have three ACs all with their own thermostats but all ducked together. Good Luck.

• 6 months later...

Mounting the indoor unit to the wall isn't the hard part.  The hard part is the hose, drain, and power cable to the outdoor condenser unit.  I just did a.moni split installation.  It wasn't bad just had to think it through in its entirety first. Mine does cooling and heating.  I mounted my fairly low due to space restrictions.  But even mounted low it cools great.

Check out this under bench/bed 10,000btu heat pump. https://pantherrvproducts.com/441003axx1/

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961