What's going on in Junction City, KS ?

oldcodger

I follow the Workampernews job hotline regularly and have noticed an uptick in job opportunities with New Horizons manufacturing. Have they used up or burned through all the folks in that area? Or is business that good that they need to throw a wider net?

Just wondering

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

Also they have posted  help wanted on their social media channels. Business is good, large back log, longer build times = need more people.

We have a factory tour scheduled in June, as we narrow down our selection of builders between NH, Spacecraft and Luxe. All have considerable back logs right now

Edited by palmeris

Junction City only has a population of under 25k so it is not a big labor market.  New Horizons was a pretty small company as long as the founder was the only owner and operator. He brought in an investor in 2002 and soon after sold the remainder to Phil Brokenicky, whose sons still hold key positions there. They employ about 50 people.

My parents lived in Junction City, KS for 40 years and I still have relatives all around that area. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

21 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Wider net.  I think they're booked 18months out right now.

This.  Last summer (June) we were there and they were taking orders to start building now.  It's only gotten worse - If you order now, you may get it somewhere close to 2025.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon