Water heater received does not fit.

dirtyboots

Long story short, the RV tech said this particular water heater would fit the application, he was just here and said, oh, no, it won't fit.  To return it will cost me shipping (ok) and a 25% stocking fee (not ok) on a 600+ item.    It's still in the packaging, is there any chance someone out in RV land might need one?

Atwood GC10A-4E-10 10 Gallon RV Water Heater Gas/Elec. DSI # 94018 

Any kind suggestions are appreciated.  I am located in Pahrump, NV for the winter.

Thanks!

Edited by dirtyboots

It doesn't fit.  Didn't want to go into the week long dialogue, just want to find a home for the item so I don't lose a ton of money.  It is not an exact match for the current one he but said it would be OK....he's done LOTS of these!  Yeah, right.  It's for a standard Atwood 10 electric/gas system.

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

I think the tech who told you to buy it should pay the restocking fee if you don't find a buyer.

Linda

Thanks Linda, but I doubt that would ever happen.  Used the same guy a couple years ago to install a couple lights and find a leak - did well then.  Afraid that's not the case now.

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

who told you to buy it should pay the restocking fee

That is where it sometimes is good to buy through the RV repair tech even though they will mark up the price to you from what they pay. That would be the only way that most of them would ever take that loss. He should, perhaps but it would be very unusual since he wasn't the one who made the purchase. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, lesson learned, even though he was standing right next to me and we discussed the item first hand as I ordered it....oh well.   Have received the refund and the restocking fee was only 10% (64.00) not the 25% as listed on the return information.  Not sure if that was because it was purchased through Amazon Marketplace or what, but I'll take it.  So that and the shipping and a better blood pressure reading.  All is well.  Thanks to all for listening during my time of stress!