More questions

Den

All the things to get a vehicle registered and a drivers license is confusing.

To register a fifth wheel you have to supply a picture.  Can that be digital or must it be printed?

Thanks for all the wonderful help you have given me

2 hours ago, Den said:

To register a fifth wheel you have to supply a picture.

Since you earlier were asking about Texas, I will assume that this is also regarding TX. I have the DMV site online and am unable to find anything about needing a photograph of the RV. I am also looking at the "New to Texas section" and find nothing of that sort there. 

Out of State Vehicles

I don't believe that a photo is needed as I have never supplied one with any of the vehicles that we have registered here. Perhaps if you share a little more about what you are doing and where you got the information......

Have you called the Polk County office for information? Phone: (936) 327-6801

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When I first moved to Texas in the early seventies we were required to have a DPS Trooper to inspect, or at least look at the vehicle, to be sure it was the vehicle you were registering. That was for out of state vehicles that we were registering  in Texas. that was more then fifty years ago. I have not heard of that since then?

I think this is what you're referring to. Perhaps someone who has registered their vehcile recently can comment.  We didn't have to do this a while ago.

Vehicle Registration Requirements:http://txdmv.gov/forms-tac

• A vehicle owner has 30 days to register a vehicle after establishing residency in Texas.
  • The vehicle has to be physically present in Texas to be inspected.
  • Once the inspection is completed and the vehicle has passed, the owner must go to the county tax office with the proof of inspection and proof of car insurance.
    • Vehicle owners that are still making payments on their vehicle will need to complete Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U), the Application for Registration Purposes Only (Form VTR-272), and provide current proof of registration.
    • Vehicle owners that are no longer making payments on their vehicle will need to produce the current title and current registration.
  • RV owners must bring proof of weight and a photograph of the exterior of the vehicle.
    • The registration fee is based on the weight of the vehicle. RV owners might find bringing a copy of the spec sheet, located in the RV, to be helpful.
    • The weight of 5th-wheels and travel trailers must be provided as gross weight.
    • The weight for motorhomes must be provided as unloaded weight.
    • A photograph is required simply for terminology purposes

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

9 hours ago, Den said:

I looked at the Escapees domicile in Texas and on page 4, 3 box down it say it.  

Vehicle owners that are still making payments on their vehicle will need to complete Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U), the Application for Registration Purposes Only (Form VTR-272), and provide current proof of registration.

Vehicle owners that are no longer making payments on their vehicle will need to produce the current title and current registration.

RV owners must bring proof of weight and a photograph of the exterior of the vehicle

A photograph is required simply for terminology purposes

Thanks for the update. The above quote is the box you listed. I suspect that none of us who were trying to help have made that changes since the current guide was published and so had not seen that. It would seem to me that you will need to print the listed photograph in order to file it with the paperwork mentioned, but if you wish you could call the office on Monday, just to be sure. Phone: (936) 327-680  If you have a color printer I suggest that you just print it. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI