Traveling Vet!

Has anyone had any experience with using the traveling vet program in and around Harlingen Texas? 

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

A Traveling Vet is a Veteran. Im looking for a Veteran that knows what the term means and has used the program here in Harlegon. 

Edited by homelesshartshorns
Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

I've never used the clinic at Harlegon but I use two clinics while we travel. One is near our homebase in Nebraska where I originally registered and that's also where I have my yearly exam and I'm also registered in the one in Yuma AZ where I also go. If we start wintering somewhere else I just have to register at the nearest clinic and all my records will follow me. I'm also setup on their online medical portal so I can view my appointments and records online. 

This year my home clinic wanted me to have blood work done the end of November but I will be in Yuma so they just scheduled a appointment here because I'm registered here, unlike going to private doctors they have no financial gain by you going to their office so they have no problem with you going to a different clinic. It only takes a day or to to register at a clinic if you already are in the system, getting started in the system originally takes so e time.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Anyone that has registered with the VA and has their ID number I would recommend setting up a My Health online account so you can track your appointments, pharmacy, records and the ability to communicate with them online instead of navigating their phone system. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a Vet and travel. Haven’t had any issues getting medical care on the road. If I plan to be in an area extended time I will call and get set up at local CBOC.  In an emergency I have gone to closest V A ER or Urgent care. If no V A close by there is a program lets us go to privet hospital, however I’ve had some issues with this program. 

as others mentioned get set up with “myhealthyvet” web site and het the premium version (no cost) can order scripts refills look at appointments read notes providers wrote about you send secure messages to your providers lab reports radiology images and reports and 
lot of other stuff