rickeieio

As I was leaving the 'hood this morning, this was parked just down the street where a neighbor is packing up to flee to Florida, aka "God's Waiting Room."

I had a truck of about this vintage, and parentage, as a grain truck from 2000 until 2007.  Mine was a conventional cab, painted in Valvoline livery.  I wanted to stop and ask what he's got down in the engine room, but they looked quite busy.

CLCOppHl.jpg

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Remnant of White’s short lived romance with Freightliner. Most likely had a Cummins in it. Cat was possible, but not overly common in Whites. It would have to be one of the last White cabovers made to possibly have a series 60 Detroit in it, late 80’s.

Of course who knows what it has for power these days.

13 hours ago, Moresmoke said:

Remnant of White’s short lived romance with Freightliner.

White didn't have a short-lived romance with Freightliner -- they invented the original Freightliner, developing and producing them under contract for Consolidated Freightways, before first selling them as White Freightliners, then spinning them off as an independent brand.

The truck pictured appears to be a later model, built shortly before the White-based cabovers were discontinued.  It has a WhiteGMC emblem and the Volvo "slash" on the grille, characteristics applied after Volvo had purchased both White and a majority interest in GM's heavy truck business, which they operated as Volvo GM Heavy Trucks.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Mine was a 1984 model, had "WHITE" in the badge above the grill and the Volvo grill slash.  On the side of the hood were emblems proclaiming "White/GMC by Volvo".  Toss in a Cummins big cam 350, 8 spd. Eaton, and shake well.

Oh yeah.  Spring suspension on the rear.  It was a treat to bob tail.........NOT.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net