New trailer owners

Katen

We recently bought a Travel trailer (Keystone Outback with slide out and BH) I do not believe that the previous owners properly took care of this Travel trailer. One it was poorly cleaned and the sink had a whole in it (not the drain whole), like there is a whole 1"Wx2"H next to the drain whole where the sink melted from a glass object. Anyway the trailer smells like they either didn't empty the Black Water tank or like they claim truly does have a blockage. We had a friend tow it to our property and are looking for a company to be able to come out to our land to pump/clean out the black water tank.

Anyone know of anybody in Grays Harbor County Washington state that does such thing?

Welcome to the escapee forums! We are happy to have you here and we will do all we are able to help. Do you have access to a dump station? The first thing that I would do is to make an attempt to dump the tanks. I would get one of the clear sewer fittings to put between your hose and the dump valve so that you can see what is coming out, if anything. You can hold the toilet flush valve open and use a bright light to shine down into the tank as the toilet probably drops straight down into the black tank. If the drain line is completely blocked you will probably have to take it to a shop or find a way to clear it yourself as I doubt that you can find someone to come to you to clear a blockage, but it wouldn't hurt to contact a few mobile repair services to see if they would attempt it. 

If the tank is't totally full I would try adding some type of strong detergent into the tank and then drive around with it to agitate things to see if that might break up whatever is blocking it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you have the dreaded dome of doom in your black tank, you can break it up if you take your time. Add water until the tank is full. Check back to see it no longer looks full as solids dissolve. Add water again. Wait to dump until the water stops being absorbed. I have friends who did this and said it worked for them.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 9/5/2021 at 7:04 PM, sandsys said:

If you have the dreaded dome of doom in your black tank, you can break it up if you take your time.

I am told by an RV tech that adding something to break down the poop fats and agitation both help.  He recommended several gallons of hot water and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of dawn, and then drive around for an hour.  Dump and repeat as necessary.  I would add a cup of borax first dissolved in the hot water.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Katen's post sounds like they have the trailer setup permanently on their land with no tow vehicle.

I would be hesitant to fill the black tank JIC it is plugged with solids. I shudder at the thought of a sewage disposal company pulling their 3" hose through the trailer to pump out the tank.

The hot water and dawn solution, followed by attempting to back-flush with the adapter Kirk linked to sounds like the most reasonable approach.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

You may want to try Honey Bucket, they show locations in Washington state

https://honeybucket.com/rv-pumping/

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.