Harvest Host and HDT

COFLTravler

I've seen a few folks mention they have used and stayed at various HH locations.....anyone had a problem with showing up with an HDT?  I imagine just like RV parks, calling ahead and letting the host know of our rigs is best?

Mark

2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
2020 Momentum 376THS
We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Ditto.

Also read the comments by others . Found one that said long rigs okay, but the comments said otherwise. Seems some of the HH don't understand what long is.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

When I pulled into the current spot in North Dakota the person on duty mentions she didn't know I'd be coming in with a Semi. I had told the person I spoke with on the phone I had a "Big Rig" with a big truck a car and motorcycle with me and I needed at least 70 feet of space. She said no problem. 

Sometimes it's just the lack of communication on the part of the parks. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We have used Harvest Hosts locations quite frequently with our HDT. I do verify that they have a large parking area and if it is a grassy area, I look for alternate locations in case it rains. 

This location was on grass but due to possible heavy rains coming in that night, they asked if I could park on some nearby concrete. I said I would be happy to and even mentioned if they moved a stand by their volleyball court, I could keep my driving over grass to a minimum when leaving and they moved the stand. CoyWv3bl.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I haven't had any problems with HH. IT says in the description how long a rig they can accommodate. 99% of the time you can find them on google maps and check it out.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

We've stayed at several HH. I always check Google maps, and keep an eye on the weather. I figure most "real" farms and wineries have big trucks helping with the harvest, and we've found a few really neat museums that we never would have known about otherwise - those usually have paved parking lots. I prefer to call or text the Host rather than do the new "button" option, just because I want to explain our size to a real person, and I might need to know NOW if they can accommodate me - I don't always have two or three days to wait for a reply. Overall we've enjoyed having the HH membership in our arsenal. Every host has been awesome, we haven't had a bad experience yet.

0509211517a-tiny.jpg.0313fb3892d85eca18617732fa6d04ac.jpg

2007 Freightliner M2-112, 68' connected

2021 New Horizons Majestic 45' toyhauler

2001 Kawasaki Concours

2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMD

18 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I assume all of you that use HH have solar since no electric at these locations.

Most do not have electric, but it is more about your battery juice and inverter size and how long you can go without being plugged in. Most of the HH locations are only for one night so solar doesn't work at night anyway.

Edited by Star Dreamer

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:36 AM, GlennWest said:

I assume all of you that use HH have solar since no electric at these locations.

I run my generator.  I tell them upfront when we make reservations.  They will usually put the noise makers all together in one group if there is room. 

Edited by jenandjon

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.