This is for Mr. Cob

Brad & Jacolyn

Good morning Dave,

I was on another web site and found this item for 'replacing the smoke' after it has been accidentally released.

Brad

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10622

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

For those of us with extensive experience working on those mechanical marvels known as British Sports Cars (mine were Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers), you should already have the required tools for this fix. You also need to keep a full set of fuse replacements as well. A good example of a complete kit is shown at this site:

Lucas Smoke

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Howdy Brad,

First off in keeping with my nick name, of "Mr. Cob" I am a Crabby old bastard, NOT a Crabby old bald bastard.  ONE "b" NOT two. ☹️

Now to your point, as a life long owner of British motorcycles, I still have in my stable a 1968 BSA Thunderbolt, I am well acquainted with "Lucas the prince of darkness" and the loss of the sacred smoke.  I used to have as part of my Brit bike tool kit a bottle of genuine "Lucas replacement smoke".  Alas someone who needed it more then I did must have stolen it as I haven't been able to find it for years and for the last ten years my BSA hasn't run as it has no spark at the plugs and I am to dim witted to figure it out and now that my replacement smoke has gone AWAL I doubt it will ever run again. 😥

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

20 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Brad,

First off in keeping with my nick name, of "Mr. Cob" I am a Crabby old bastard, NOT a Crabby old bald bastard.  ONE "b" NOT two. ☹️

Now to your point, as a life long owner of British motorcycles, I still have in my stable a 1968 BSA Thunderbolt, I am well acquainted with "Lucas the prince of darkness" and the loss of the sacred smoke.  I used to have as part of my Brit bike tool kit a bottle of genuine "Lucas replacement smoke".  Alas someone who needed it more then I did must have stolen it as I haven't been able to find it for years and for the last ten years my BSA hasn't run as it has no spark at the plugs and I am to dim witted to figure it out and now that my replacement smoke has gone AWAL I doubt it will ever run again. 😥

Dave

Dave no one would ever accuse you of being bald. I guess I was going for crabby old bitchy bastard😝. My apology. I'll try not to change your name in the future.

Hope you are all healed up now and enjoying being back on the road.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

• Phil D changed the title to This is for Mr. Cob
9 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Dave no one would ever accuse you of being bald. I guess I was going for crabby old bitchy bastard😝. My apology. I'll try not to change your name in the future.

Hope you are all healed up now and enjoying being back on the road.

Brad

Howdy Brad,

I am sure you meant no offense, but how can I maintain my reputation of being a "Cob" if I don't call out such things.  I am feeling better and getting stronger everyday, the climate change since leaving the Nor-Wet, has helped tremendously.  Just got back from a great SxS ride, took a wrong turn and ended up exploring a valley I had not been in before all is well. :D

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Brad,

I am sure you meant no offense, but how can I maintain my reputation of being a "Cob" if I don't call out such things.  I am feeling better and getting stronger everyday, the climate change since leaving the Nor-Wet, has helped tremendously.  Just got back from a great SxS ride, took a wrong turn and ended up exploring a valley I had not been in before all is well. :D

Dave

Glad to hear that all is well and you are having fun. Keep up the good work.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

22 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Brad,

Dave

Dave,

Glad to hear your doing better and having fun down south out of the good ole nor-wet.  However I'm sure you would have really enjoyed being here when we had the big wind storm a while back.  The one that took out power to most of our part of this corner of the country.  I'm sure you would have been part of that had you been here.  LOL

Joe

1 minute ago, Joe Spiker said:

Dave,

Glad to hear your doing better and having fun down south out of the good ole nor-wet.  However I'm sure you would have really enjoyed being here when we had the big wind storm a while back.  The one that took out power to most of our part of this corner of the country.  I'm sure you would have been part of that had you been here.  LOL

Joe

Howdy Joe,

"We" weren't there but my wallet sure was.  The neighbor who is keeping an eye on our place while we are gone called to tell us that one of the trees in our yard had been blown over and was hanging at a 45 degree angle OVER our house.  3,800 dollars later, the tree has been removed as it didn't actually hit the house home owners insurance didn't cover any of the removal cost so we now have some pretty expensive fire wood laying on the ground to be picked up when we get home.  Kinda like the "Hotel California", "you can check out any time you want but you can never leave........."

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg