Wind pushing my class C

Deereforu

We had a Safe-T-Plus added to the front of our Class C.  It really helps with the drag when large trucks pass.  It probably helps somewhat with wind, but if the wind is strong enough to start pushing your rig around, it's time to get off the road!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

We had a Safe-T-Plus added to the front of our Class C.  It really helps with the drag when large trucks pass.  It probably helps somewhat with wind, but if the wind is strong enough to start pushing your rig around, it's time to get off the road!

X2.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

There are quite a few different aftermarket products to improve handling of motorized RVs but there are some factors that are designed into the RV which can be difficult to overcome. The steering stabilizer is probably a good first step, but there are many other things that may prove to be helpful. Things like track-bars, and suspension components also play a part in the problem. It would be very helpful if you were to share with us the make/model of your class C, the chassis you have and the length & wheelbase. Like most things in live, there is no 1 size fits all. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The way you drive is more important than buying a bunch of stuff.

When you see a truck getting close to pass, you add fuel to the rig. Don't speed-up, push the accelerator just enough for the engine to pull the rig harder. If you can, move to the right side of your land. The more space between you the less push of the air.

In a cross wind. Slow-down. Hold the steering wheel at the 5 and 7 o'clock position.

No money spent. The after market stuff works.  I Start with what is free.

If this help you, please post it here. It has help everyone I have shared it with. 

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

I remember my first RV experience was with a rented Class C. Driving on the interstate in the wind and all of a sudden the wind slid me into the other lane. It happened so fast. Good thing it wasn't a two lane road with someone coming toward us.

The experience learned gave me the respect needed to drive high profile vehicles.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

Yea, out West most such interstate areas have a wind sock to warn of high wind on the other side of the bluff/hill. Nothing however beats the gray matter between our ears.

As a general rule, the longer the rear overhang, the more handling is negatively affected. Extended passenger vans still carry that warning today.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961