Service in Fredericksburg TX

We came here to escape the storm. Air quality is great. We have Verizon and phone, text fine. Data slow. Signal decent. Needless to say we not using Roku but park cable service. So any of you know what works good in this area. We really like it here

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

58 minutes ago, Thomas Ray said:

for unlimited mobile hotspot data on At&t towers, please visit https://www.orbit-wireless.co

Thanks. That is an extra $100.00 a month for a backup. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We stayed in Fredericksburg for a month late last year (lovely area!). We found that during the week, any of our four cellular carriers worked fine with our roof mounted MIMO antennas. 

But during the weekends when the crowds exploded, almost all carriers ground to a halt. We were able to get Sprint usable during that time with a directional MIMO antenna to our 8000 hotspot. 

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Howdy!

Glen, we left our homebase in Livingston and came to Fredericksburg. We’re staying at Ladybird Johnson municipal RV park by the airport. We have AT&T phones and tablets, Sprint hotspot and Verizon hotspot all are unlimited data. AT&T seem to have the best speeds 30.6/24.8, Sprint 44.3/18.4 and Verizon 30.6/24.8. If you are looking for another unlimited data source FMCA has Sprint unlimited hotspots for $49.99 a month no contract. 

Sprint© Unlimited MIFI Plan

No matter where you go, stay connected.

Data limits on your cell or wireless plan? No problem! Connect to your Sprint-powered hot spot and share your journey.

FMCA has teamed with Sprint to bring its members an outstanding benefit. Your benefit includes 3G-4G LTE as a truly unlimited monthly service. Access to the Sprint mobile hotspot plan is included in the FMCA Tech Connect+ benefit, package-priced at just $49.99 per month, with a one-time rental fee of $39.99 for the mobile hotspot device.

Members must have at least 1 year of active membership remaining to take advantage of this Benefit Package.

Plan Benefits

The Sprint Mobile Hotspot will be the connecting factor that makes sharing your experiences on the road with others seamless. Take a piece of traditional home living with you without worrying about data cap limits.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Phones work. Maybe mis lead yall. We are not able to stream Roku with the data we have.I have been wanting to get a device from AT&T but know of nothing advailable right now.

m

On 8/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, GlennWest said:

Just checking T Mobile plans. Nothing jumps out at me. Unlimited 3g not for streaming

Really? We are in a park right now in Cedar Park, TX. I have paid for upgraded service the park but honestly it is just slightly better than hot spotting our phone for streaming. As for plans, look at their 55+ plan.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

12 hours ago, GlennWest said:

After so may gb it switches to 3g. Can't stream movies with 3g.

I will simply say that we hot spot our phones all the time and have no problem streaming Disney+, Netflix, CBS All Access, etc. T-Mobile hot spot is 3G all the time on the 55+ plan without paying any extra for 4G (which is an option). We have already used 35.9 GB in this billing cycle which for us began August 23rd. It works for us and that is all I can say.

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Are you saying you stream tv on 3g? I have never heard that.

Yes, I am. Now it does depend on the tower you are connected to I will admit but 3G can give you anywhere from 1-14 Mbps. You only need 2-3 for standard def and my 5-6 for HD. At any rate with T-Mobile you are getting HSPA+ which is kind of like LTE in speeds but not a true 4G. 

May go with that. I talked to the park managers about this. Said problem last week. Students went back to school this week and it is working well now. So tower was overloaded. But based on what you said I am going to pick up a mifi for T Mobile for backup. There is not a T Mobile store here. So service likely non existent.

Edited by GlennWest

6 hours ago, GlennWest said:

May go with that. I talked to the park managers about this. Said problem last week. Students went back to school this week and it is working well now. So tower was overloaded. But based on what you said I am going to pick up a mifi for T Mobile for backup. There is not a T Mobile store here. So service likely non existent.

There is one in Kerrville though. I think they place their stores based on population. I had thought about adding a mifi line of service but the folks at T-Mobile told me it would be cheaper to just add line of service with an inexpensive phone to be hot spotted. That is one thing I have always appreciated about them, they are honest and look for the least expensive solution to the problem you have. 

Edited by Chalkie

Wow, perfect picture! I also Perused the other pics in that album. Peeled potatoes made me spit at amy screen!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire