South Dakota Domicile

He kind folks Ill be headed to Mt Rushmore area next week sometime. While I figure it would be a good time to get domiciled there as Ive needed a place to call home while I roam. Ive got trick and TT title birth certificate and pSs port along. In this dY of covid is it still possible to make all the connections and changes in short time? Any advice on how to go about starting the process is appreciated and welcome.   I thought I read someplace that some one out there can walk you through the process I dont remember where I read it or who it was. I know SKP has mail box but i dont think they have an office. I can stay a week if needed then wantbto head to montana for fall trout fishing    
George the Grek 

I am a SD resident using the Escapees address and am currently there now. First you must set up your address with Escapees. Then, To get your drivers license you must spend one night, camp ground or motel. Then you go to the DMV in Rapid City with your receipt from the overnight stay and get your license. Because of Covid I believe you must make an appointment first. Give the DMV a call.

To register your vehicles you go to the Pennington County tax collector on Kansas St. I just renewed mine. You have to stand in line to get inside and then stand in line inside. Everyone must have a mask on. It took me about an hour. Renewals can be done vis mail after that. Or you can use America’s Mailbox and they will process the registration paperwork for a fee, but you still have to get the drivers license on you own. I think it’s better to stand in line rather than pay a fee for the registration since you still have to go to DMV in person anyway. There are also other mail forwarding companies in Souix Falls. Not sure how they operate. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

20 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I am a SD resident using the Escapees address and am currently there now. First you must set up your address with Escapees. Then, To get your drivers license you must spend one night, camp ground or motel. Then you go to the DMV in Rapid City with your receipt from the overnight stay and get your license. Because of Covid I believe you must make an appointment first. Give the DMV a call.

To register your vehicles you go to the Pennington County tax collector on Kansas St. I just renewed mine. You have to stand in line to get inside and then stand in line inside. Everyone must have a mask on. It took me about an hour. Renewals can be done vis mail after that. Or you can use America’s Mailbox and they will process the registration paperwork for a fee, but you still have to get the drivers license on you own. I think it’s better to stand in line rather than pay a fee for the registration since you still have to go to DMV in person anyway. There are also other mail forwarding companies in Souix Falls. Not sure how they operate. 

Thanks for that info I already have texas mail box is there an office of SKP in SD or do I call the Texas office?   Plan to stY a week or so. Do they also register your camper?   Well wosh me luck im headed that wY later this. Week or maybe next monday

1 hour ago, George the greek said:

I already have texas mail box is there an office of SKP in SD or do I call the Texas office?

Call the office in TX. Escapees does own a building in SD and it is the address that you will use for your vehicle registrations, driver's license and voter registration but the staff are all in TX and most of your mail will continue to go there. If you have not done so, download the SD Domicile Guide from Escapees and use it. You can also call the office and they will direct your call to those who can help.              

(936) 327-8873

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You will need to make an appointment to change your license. Vehicle and voters registration are quick and fast. Not sure where you are staying, but Southern Hills RV Park in Hermosa is a nice place to stay for a reasonable amount. The owners are RVers.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Rapid city area now the D MV appointments are backed up into October so Ill have to make another trip later or make an appointment for October and come back . Being a holiday 3 day weekend  its busy everywhere so its nice to be off the road. Im leaving Tuesday for Montana to fish the Ruby and Madison river for fall trout.