Mobley Data Use

Ski

We've hit 150-200 GB on a number of occasions over the past ~3 years with our Mobley SIM in a Netgear hotspot. AT&T has never complained, and if/when we've been temporarily slowed down by deprioritization, it hasn't been enough to cause any significant problems while streaming.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I think the use of data is fine, as they will manage you when the towers are busy and you have already used x amount of data. What could be interesting is if the stop your plan due to using a “normal” hot spot vs the connected car hot spot “Mobley”. This is why I have not done that. As they can see what hot spot you are using.  I use 125-200Gigs every month for the past almost 3 years with no issues. 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Switched to a Netgear 815s about a year ago. Was in a location with no coverage. Bought the Netgear and an antenna. Went from zero to 10 to 30Mpbs. Not sure if I would like to put the sim back in the Mobley. Of course, if it meant keeping or losing the Mobley plan I would.

Has anyone heard of AT&T canceling the Mobley plan for using the sim in a Netgear 815s?

Looking at Visible. Would use it mainly as a hotspot to stream for now.  With party plan $25. Per month. Might be good to have a Verizon plan as well, in case we were in an area with no or weak AT&T coverage.

The only accounts of a Mobley/Connected Car plan being dropped by AT&T I've heard of were a few people on another forum that had installed the Mobley SIM in a phone instead of a hotspot. AT&T tech support told me there was no problem as long as the SIM was used in a hotspot device. I've even had a faulty SIM replaced at an AT&T retail store with it in a hotspot with no problems. After about 3 years with the Mobley SIM in a couple of different Netgear hotspots, I'm not too concerned about AT&T shutting me down now unless they drop the plan for everyone. I could see that happening eventually...

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

We have no reports of AT&T taking action for high data use or use of the Mobley plan in hotspot devices or routers. 

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rbertalotto said:

EASILY the best streaming deal on planet earth! For $23.49 a month, all in!!!

I go over 200Gb monthly with no issues. I have had the SIM in a Unite Explore for years. No issues.

Yes, and paired with my Visible unlimited Verizon data plan at $25/mo, it gives me two top carrier's coverage without busting our budget. Love it!

Dutch

On 8/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, Technomadia said:

We have no reports of AT&T taking action for high data use or use of the Mobley plan in hotspot devices or routers. 

I'll just add that the only reports I've seen of someone having an account pulled for misuse of the Mobley plan was when they tried to use the Mobley SIM in a phone instead of a hotspot. AT&T tech support told me as long as their system sees the SIM in a hotspot class device, it won't raise any flags.

Dutch