Change of carreer.

GlennWest

I have welded since 1975. It getting hard to get in places i need to now. Well I still get in there but pay for it afterwards. Decided to pursue getting my CWI which is certified welding inspector. Lots of book work and testing for the next 2 months. Maybe this virus issue be over by then and my industry can get back to work. It will mean more  money and more office work than field work.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Do it, there's no downside. Unless you find yourself buying new clothes too frequently, one size larger.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Howdy!

My son quit a very good job as a plant manager for Tyson and started working in the pipeline industry as a Lumper. Worker his way up to operator and even to foreman. He went to classes and obtained his certification as Pipe Line Inspector. Best of luck in your new career endeavors my friend.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I would have had to take a cut in pay to be a foreman. Pipe welders pay considerbly more than foreman. We and General foreman about same wages. On a side note, the AWS (american welding society) states only 30% pass CWI test the first time. That is why I paying for a 2 week class before taking test. Also just ordered the code book and will be studing until class time mid October. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Also just ordered the code book and will be studing until class time mid October. 

Good luck on the new career plan! Reminds me of my Navy days, as I completed nuclear power training just after the loss of the USS Thresher. As a result many submarine sailors were trained in both nuclear grade emergency welding, and also in hull weld inspections. Everything from dye checks to manga-flux. Of course that was eons ago in terms of welding technology. (1963)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI