Border was closed when I got there!

noteven

Original post contained some details I had a rethink about posting.

25 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

Canadian or Mexican border?

At this crossing the USA has travellers report, answer questions, produce papers, when leaving the US for Canada. 

Canadian side open. USA exit closed.

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Perhaps they saw you coming.

Ya they do - equipment looking at you miles before the crossing. 

I didn’t wait long. Usual questions. The exchange took a turn from the normal polite but serious q & a when the guard asked how much toilet paper are you transporting?

oh oh

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

The news is reporting that Canadians can cross north Into Canada and commercial traffic but not tourist traffic can also head north.  Mexico is requiring all travelers from the US heading south into Mexico must be tested. Not sure how long the results from the test are taking. This info in NOT verified only what I have heard on the news. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

so I racked my feeble brain... has there been an export ban on toilet paper I missed while self isolating my way north?  Think dummie... what if I get detained trying to leave? Cell phones don’t work here... now what...

I decided to go for it and said how much I have on board...then asked a question “Do you guys need some?” ... and awaited my fate...

One thing I've learned is that border crossing folks tend not to have a sense of humor.  Joking may be counter-productive.  Smiling may even get a snarl in return.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

... so the guard says, “no, we’re good ... but thanks for the offer..“ and then there was a big round of 🤣😂🤣

Then they opened the barrier and sent me on to Canada.

Everyone was still chuckling...

Edited by noteven

9 hours ago, noteven said:

so I racked my feeble brain... has there been an export ban on toilet paper I missed while self isolating my way north?  Think dummie... what if I get detained trying to leave? Cell phones don’t work here... now what...

I decided to go for it and said how much I have on board...then asked a question “Do you guys need some?” ... and awaited my fate...

The Hoarders have overlooked the small hidden away drugstores or try a store that is open 24hrs and go just after they stock the shelves.

Lots of Kleenex overlooked, pallets of it.

Thrifty's opens to handicap and geriatrics 7-8 am.

Maybe the Pres could order Michellin or Goodyear to start production on TP...12 or 16 ply.