Winnebago Motorhome Court Case.

bobsallyh

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

The lawyer was stupid to make such a statement. If it's true.

Only if the people hearing it have some actual knowledge of how small these RV's are with the slide in.  Most folks hear, "functions just fine" and they don't understand what a big deal it is.

18 hours ago, Kirk W said:

.................. IF

If it wasn't new, that just shifts the liability.  Someone still (knowingly in that case) sold them a piece of poo coach. 

That said, we bought our TT used and we spent probably 2-3 hours making the tech go through everything.  We made him put the slide in and out, the awning in and out, light the oven, turn on the water, show us where the fuses were...I had a 4 page checklist.  So far, all we've found wrong is we can't get the antenna to turn.  The dealer found the radio didn't work and had a brand new one shipped to us, having shown us how to install it.  We haven't bothered yet.  Our 3-month dealer warranty ends October 27.  When we come back from our next trip on October 7, we'll let them know if there's anything else they need to fix. 

So they bear some of the blame, but it still needs to be made right.

Edited by Alice

Alice...

Weekender with a F-150 and Rockwood 2503S - until this happens:

event.png

Since Winnebago issued a new vehicle warranty after they purchased it, it would appear that it was 'new' in that it had never been titled before.  Probably a unit that didn't sell for some reason.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 hours ago, Alice said:

Only if the people hearing it have some actual knowledge of how small these RV's are with the slide in.  Most folks hear, "functions just fine" and they don't understand what a big deal it is.

We were told half the jury were RVers so I'm pretty sure they gave the others a clue.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...

Could there be a change in the status quo? Read: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/big-rv-legal-decision-out-of-il-464412.html

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

In my Honest opinion: It has more to do with the selling dealer and a possibly an unscrupulous salesperson! It seems as the dealership didn't check to make sure all systems were working properly before it was ready to sell! Yes the settlement is quite a bit extreme but it was very disappointing to lose the use of it for so long! I wouldn't be a happy camper either!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!