Traction Control Relay

bigredhdt

My 2007, Volvo vnl, still a tandem, has a leak on the exhaust port of the traction control relay.  After reading  about it on the bendix page, it's internals are the same as the r12, r14 non abs relay which has a rebuild kit.  Has anyone rebuild this relay valve?  Any recommendation?  It's a lot of work to replace it since I would have to disconnect cut the brake lines since they don't have swivel fittings on the valve assembly and the abs modulator relays are connected to the traction relay with threaded pipe.

Never done an ATR-3 myself.  I always assumed they were different internals but never actually looked it up.  They weren't too common in my world though, still used the separate solenoid and/or hill hold assist valves back then.  The ATR-6, yea, we've all done a bunch of them during the recall.  Pretty easy, but they were all pretty new so they didn't have much chance to score up the valve bore itself.  Don't drop any dirt inside and use lots of the pink grease!

Don't those valve packages suck?  You'd think you could screw the modulators back on and the mounting bolts would end up right back where they started, but they never ever line back up with the bracket hole.  Frustrating!  The old Wabco ones with the flange, bolt, and gaskets were pretty slick, but these ones not so much.

If you are going to make a hole in the bed, plan on making as much as possible under there  accessible. 

And try to make it look like it belongs there.

Last year I had to replace a fan motor on a Prevost air conditioning unit. It took 8 hours to cut through cabinets and other such stuff, install the blower motor, and get it back together so it looked like it was never touched.

I discussed cutting through the side body and repair it. Now this was a Previst conversation?

The owner owns a large body shop in Florida. But this was in Montana. He did think about it , but since he was in Montana for the summer we went through the cabinet.

I do not want to do that job again.

Vern