Need RV Water Filter info

rbdaves

I have a been RVing for years and years. I have always had a Culligan RVF–10 water filtration system with two filters that  I have changed “whenever I thought of it“. the guy that I have done business with for years seems to be out of business and I depended on him for what to buy. There’s a white filter and a black filter for sediment and impurities, consecutively. Now I am wondering what I should buy and how often I should change it.

While the RV Water Filter Store is a good source for both information and filters, there are a wide range of choices to fit most cartridge filter systems and most Lowes and Home Depot stores will carry several of them. The white filter is a sediment filter that removes larger particulates from the water like fine sand. The black one is probably a charcoal filter and there are several choices of those available. It all depends on how much filterting you want. There is Ia wide range in prices for the second filter and also in what that filter will remove. I used one of the carbon block filters with a 5 micron filtration. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you have any questions or problems the Water Filter Store is the place to go.  The owner is so patient and will give you any kind of information or suggestions.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

9 hours ago, sandsys said:

Also, be aware that the finer your filter the slower your water tank will fill.

That isn't entirely true, but do look at the gallons per minute(GPM) rating that all of the better brands will have. Filter design plays a part in this as some have more surface area and also cost more.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 9 months later...

Why not simply measure the filters you have and buy a box of that size and type . 

We use a 5 micron carbon filter in a whole house filter casing . Works fine . 

Last box of 10 I bought cost about 36 bucks , delivered to my door . 

Goes around , comes around .