Dish Network CONUS West Coast?

Does anyone know of any Dish Network locals on a national feed (CONUS) from the west coast? I know about New York, Jacksonville and Ft. Wayne but I need something in a later time zone. I have checked the website that lists all the locals but I don’t know how to tell if they are CONUS or just spot beam. TIA for any help.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

1 hour ago, Rover said:

Does anyone know of any Dish Network locals on a national feed (CONUS) from the west coast? I know about New York, Jacksonville and Ft. Wayne but I need something in a later time zone. I have checked the website that lists all the locals but I don’t know how to tell if they are CONUS or just spot beam. TIA for any help.

Vicki

Sacramento.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

9 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

This the current list I have. I've recently verified Bluefield, WV and Jacksonville, FL.

jYxxk8Pl.jpg

What do I have to do to get one of the above CONUS locals?  Start a chat session with Dish and change my service address to the town I want the CONUS locals for? 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Don't just ask for a city.  Find a campground in the area and use the address of the campground to change your Service Address.  That is an obvious reason to be changing your Service Address.

Just asking for a city is an obvious "move" and against the law.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

It worked for the New York one but we are in AB Canada and the east coast time is just not working out. Haven’t got to change to a west coast address yet because we are having Dish problems with our Travelr and couldn’t get locked on last night. Winegard pretty much blew us off this morning saying they won’t help us while we are in Canada or Alaska. So will start a different thread with problem to see if anyone has some ideas.

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

Zulu, that’s a nice website, thanks.

The Sacramento CONUS locals worked. We switched to them today.

Thanks for the list Dutch.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

21 hours ago, Rover said:

It worked for the New York one but we are in AB Canada and the east coast time is just not working out. Haven’t got to change to a west coast address yet because we are having Dish problems with our Travelr and couldn’t get locked on last night. Winegard pretty much blew us off this morning saying they won’t help us while we are in Canada or Alaska. So will start a different thread with problem to see if anyone has some ideas.

Our Dish Network Trav'ler worked just fine as far north as the arctic circle, a few hundred miles north of Fairbanks.  North of there we didn't get to test it, hills in the way.  

I really wonder if the CONUS local channels have the same coverage as the rest of Dish Network channels, which work all the way into Alaska.  If so then, with the Trav'ler, you could have USA TV all through western Canada and Alaska.  

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

This the current list I have. I've recently verified Bluefield, WV and Jacksonville, FL.

jYxxk8Pl.jpg

It's too bad that the only CONUS HD stations are on satellites we don't receive (77 & 61.5) except for Sacramento.  We don't want Pacific time zone stations since prime time doesn't start until 8:00 PM, making it too late for us.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

On 5/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Don't just ask for a city.  Find a campground in the area and use the address of the campground to change your Service Address.  That is an obvious reason to be changing your Service Address.

Just asking for a city is an obvious "move" and against the law.

Mark, can we just change our Local Address to get these CONUS locals?

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

13 minutes ago, Jim & Wilma said:

Mark, can we just change our Local Address to get these CONUS locals?

Change your "Service Address", not your "Billing Address", to the market you want to receive. I use the Dish chat system with a pre-written script to save time.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

54 minutes ago, LindaH said:

It's too bad that the only CONUS HD stations are on satellites we don't receive (77 & 61.5) except for Sacramento.  We don't want Pacific time zone stations since prime time doesn't start until 8:00 PM, making it too late for us.

Well, since we're not supposed to get those markets at all unless we're actually there, it's hard to complain too much... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

30 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Change your "Service Address", not your "Billing Address", to the market you want to receive. I use the Dish chat system with a pre-written script to save time.

Yep, got it, just mixed up terms.  Thx Dutch. 

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

5 hours ago, Al F said:

Our Dish Network Trav'ler worked just fine as far north as the arctic circle, a few hundred miles north of Fairbanks.  North of there we didn't get to test it, hills in the way.  

I really wonder if the CONUS local channels have the same coverage as the rest of Dish Network channels, which work all the way into Alaska.  If so then, with the Trav'ler, you could have USA TV all through western Canada and Alaska.  

Al,

Did you have any problems with your Trav’ler? The last 2 days we have only been able to get 119 and we had no obstruction of any kind. App shows all 3 satellites visible. Wineguard had no suggestions for troubleshooting. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, Rover said:

Al,

Did you have any problems with your Trav’ler? The last 2 days we have only been able to get 119 and we had no obstruction of any kind. App shows all 3 satellites visible. Wineguard had no suggestions for troubleshooting. 

Vicki

I purchased my Dish Network Trav'ler 7 years ago this month, installed it on our RV.  I have since moved it to our 3rd RV and it has worked flawlessly.  

I know some other folks have had problems but ours has worked very well.

Our travels have included lots of bumpy roads including 600 miles of gravel dirt roads we voluntarily took in Alaska and the Yukon. Currently up to about 55,000 miles of travel with the Trav'ler on our RV's. 

Edited by Al F

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

I have a Winegard Trav'ler on the Travel Supreme Trailer that I installed in 2010 and it is still working fine.  When I purchased my 2016 Bounder, I installed a new Trav'ler on it.

The Bounder Trav'ler failed just after the warranty ran out.  I though it was from excessive use because I had put a Hybrid LNBF head on the dish and that generation  Trav'ler did not handle well.  Winegard fixed the Trav'ler under warranty.

I have since added a DPH-42 Hybrid Switch which made the Trav'ler with a standard LNBF work like usual.

But I have noticed that several Trav'ler are failing in the 2+ year timeframe. Perhaps Winegard had a bad batch of Trav'lers?

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We’ve had our Trav’ler for 4 years and have had very little problems with it. But now it seems to work but just will not lock onto the satellites. Mark (DH) says we are just too far north but seems to me if you can see the satellites in the app using your phone, shouldn’t the dish on top of the RV be able to see them? I just can’t believe we have to go the entire summer while in Alaska and Canada without using the Dish.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

27 minutes ago, Rover said:

We’ve had our Trav’ler for 4 years and have had very little problems with it. But now it seems to work but just will not lock onto the satellites. Mark (DH) says we are just too far north but seems to me if you can see the satellites in the app using your phone, shouldn’t the dish on top of the RV be able to see them? I just can’t believe we have to go the entire summer while in Alaska and Canada without using the Dish.

Vicki

When you're that far north, it doesn't take much atmosphere to interfere with the signal since you're "looking" so low on the horizon.  Your phone doesn't actually "see" the satellites, it's just using an internal map to show you where they should be.

I've heard of others who were successful using their satellite service while that far north, but also have heard a bunch of people say they couldn't consistently.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

On 5/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

119 CONUS and spot beam coverage:

http://jameslong.name/e119.html

Thanks for the very helpful link to the Satellite TV coverage.    I bookmarked your link alongside my bookmark for this one I use extensively: https://www.satelliteguys.us/retired/index.php?page=dishnetworkmarkets&sub=true

Note that this link has not been updated in quite a few years, but I still find it very useful. 

Edited by Al F

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX