11 members have voted

1. 1. My portable holding tank is

• 15 gallons or less
    • 25 gallons or less
    • 30 gallons or less
    • 38 gallons or less
    • Over 38 gallons

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, rynosback said:

I have a DRV MS, so I have 50 gallon of black and 75 gallons of gray.  I am in California now and the places I will be staying at for a while have dump stations not sewer at the sites.  I do not have a ball on my Ram 3500 as I tow a 5th wheel and do not number pull.  So my thought was to walk the waste tank to the dump station.  Most of them lined up right now are no more then 100 yards away.  I’m 50 and in good shape.  So the one I am looking at would be estimated about 200lbs full.  

With your tank capacity I'd hold off on buying one until you know how long you can stay. You have big tank capacity and if you conserve you could last at least 10 days... perhaps more.  I'd be inclined to store it in the truck bed rather than in the RV bay.  That thing will not be sanitary.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

With your tank capacity I'd hold off on buying one until you know how long you can stay. You have big tank capacity and if you conserve you could last at least 10 days... perhaps more.  I'd be inclined to store it in the truck bed rather than in the RV bay.  That thing will not be sanitary.

I was going to store it when not needed in the bed of the truck. I am just going to buy one because I would rather be safe then sorry.  And the time it takes to pack up the rig for travel, even to the dump and set back up will not be worth it.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 4/13/2019 at 8:46 PM, rynosback said:

I have notice a lot of complaints on the Baker 42 gallon tank on Amazon.  They all seem to be

1. The sewer hose that comes with this unit is beyond cheap.

2. The wheel assembly/axle keeps falling off.

3. It does not vent properly.  When filling the tank, the flow stops as the pressure builds up in the tank.

I know that some of them will have issues, but these seem to be a real common theme.  There are a few other complaints, but these are the main ones.  2 and 3 worry me the most.  And at the price tag and how long they have been making them, I would think that they would be bulletproof.   Makes me think of getting that smaller rino tank that I was first thinking of.

These are valid concerns.  On my 42 gallon Barker, the original sewer hose is long gone, replaced by a Rhino hose with female ends on each side.  The wheels have also been replaced.  I've got a steel axle with pneumatic tires on both the front and back.  The tires came from Northern Tool, which is about the only place I've found that sells a 6" pneumatic wheel with tire that can handle up to a 300# load at a reasonable price.  And, when the pressure builds up in the Barker and slows the flow, I just unscrew the gauge cap and take it off until the tank gets close to full.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

13 minutes ago, chindog said:

These are valid concerns.  On my 42 gallon Barker, the original sewer hose is long gone, replaced by a Rhino hose with female ends on each side.  The wheels have also been replaced.  I've got a steel axle with pneumatic tires on both the front and back.  The tires came from Northern Tool, which is about the only place I've found that sells a 6" pneumatic wheel with tire that can handle up to a 300# load at a reasonable price.  And, when the pressure builds up in the Barker and slows the flow, I just unscrew the gauge cap and take it off until the tank gets close to full.

The new ones comes with pneumatic tires.  But from what I have been reading, the axle and tire assembly fall off if you lift the rear of the tank up.  

That is kinda messed up it you have to unscrew the float that tells you when you are getting full in order to properly fill the tank.  Kinda defeats the purpose of having a gauge telling you when you are getting full if you remove it to fill the tank.  

Thanks for the reply.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived