Problems finding metal value steams for my new 3500 Chevrolet TV.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I recently purchased a new TV a 3500 Chevrolet HD/LTZ/DRW  2L Custom Hauler. Yesterday I was preparing for our trip and checking all the tires for air pressure and going to install my PresurePro TPMS on the new truck. To my surprise the two front tire had medal value stems, but the rear duels had rubber value stems. I took the truck into Premier Tires in Livingston, TX to have the rear value stems replaced with metal value stems and was told that they could replace the inter duel stems but not the outer tires value stems. They stated they could not replace them because the stem area was to small to get a socket wrench into the area the tighten the steam. I don’t want to run the TPMS in a rubber steam. I don’t think I can even if I tried because the stem is so short I don’t think it will screw on to the rubber stems. The tire store recommended that a dealership may have a metal tire stem for the rims. Has anyone had this type of problem, or have any suggestions I would appreciate the help.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Any large automotive store will have metal stems, be sure to buy the shape you need for access if you plan to rotate tires. I had 2" straight metal stems in my dually. The TST 507 transmitters fit just right on my truck,(2" stems-2" flow-through transmitters) whether I rotated tires or not. Be sure to place stems 180° apart to make access easier.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Howdy!

Thanks for the replies. I took the truck into Discount Tires in Livingston this morning and they had no problems installing metal valve stems on the outer rear duel wheels.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Archived