will attorney services?

Does anyone have a contact in florida (Bushnell or Clermont) for an attorney office that does wills, power of attorney, living wills etc?  Need to get ours updated for our new state of residence via domicile at Bushnell.  Let me know what others have done.  we have examples from other states we have lived in, but obviously needs to update this all.  Hope we can get this all done for something way less than $500.  But please give me examples of what you did.  Thanks.

I ended up going to the Villages to get my paperwork done. Took in my PA papers to be redone.  Will, Medical POA, living will.  Living will she said was already worded fine.  The other formss she did up for me based on the copies I brought her.  I  know I was way less than $500 but don't have anything complicated.  I just wasn't finding someone I wanted around Bushnell.  I first tried to use someone in Leesburg but they cancelled and then the assistant wasn't getting back with me about a new appointment after my calls.  Another person at the Escapee's campground had just used Susan Dean and liked her, so I went there. 

3 hours ago, SWharton said:

We were pleasantly surprised when we began the process to go to full time that our wills from VA were acceptable, as is, in both FL and TX.

I am not questioning your statement but every State has its own Estate Planning laws. I hope that you verified the above with a Lawyer in VA, FL, and TX to be sure it is true. If so it would surely save you money not having to redue your wills. It may be true for personal property but if you still own Real Estate then the law of the State where the Real Estate is located would prevail. And if you own Real Estate you may want to look into a Living Trust in addition to a Will. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 months later...

UPS notarizes but charges $$, if you don't bring your own witnesses the employees will do it but charge for that also................Banks are getting sticky about doing it if you don't have an account. Try the courthouse, when we had a S&B the sheriff's office did it.

1 minute ago, SWharton said:

Kirk, When did you have this done last at a bank?

Most recently was about 2 weeks ago at Texas Bank & Trust. About 6 weeks ago we went with our son to the local Wells Fargo Bank in a Dallas suburb and had another document notarized for free. I have done this many times in more than 1 state and have never been asked if I was a customer. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Use my trick to get free services from businesses that forget how customer service works. Open an account, get the service, close the account. Let the manager know it would have been cheaper to just offer the service, than go through all the effort to avoid offering it. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 minutes ago, offroad said:

FYI that we ended up using MAMA BEAR LEGAL FORMS.  The resulting will and POA and Living medical will all seem functional and effective.  Just do not know where to store them, or copies.

Your primary physician and your designated decision makers should each receive a copy of your Medical Directive. You should also post one of the front of your fridge for use by EMTs. Your appointed decision makers should receive a copy of your power of attorney. Sending copies into the cloud that can be retrieved wherever you are is also a good idea. The originals should stay with you someplace you deem safe. 

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Your primary physician and your designated decision makers should each receive a copy of your Medical Directive. You should also post one of the front of your fridge for use by EMTs. Your appointed decision makers should receive a copy of your power of attorney. Sending copies into the cloud that can be retrieved wherever you are is also a good idea. The originals should stay with you someplace you deem safe. 

Linda

I guess that would work if you are 100% sure EMT's will always be snatching you up in your kitchen, and not the Walmart parking lot, a friend's home, a restaurant, or someplace else you might be.

Besides that, I'm a frequent visitor to my frig while I'm in the RV and I certainly don't want to see my Medical Directive 10 times a day hanging on my fridge!  It is bad enough now when I look in the mirror and some old man is looking back at me!

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

4 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

I guess that would work if you are 100% sure EMT's will always be snatching you up in your kitchen, and not the Walmart parking lot, a friend's home, a restaurant, or someplace else you might be.

Besides that, I'm a frequent visitor to my frig while I'm in the RV and I certainly don't want to see my Medical Directive 10 times a day hanging on my fridge!  It is bad enough now when I look in the mirror and some old man is looking back at me!

Yes, hanging your medical directive on your fridge only works when at home. But, that's better than not working at all, right?

Ours are in an envelope with a File of Life sticker on it. That sticker ensures EMTs will look in the envelope but I don't have to look at the details every day. In fact, once your brain gets used to it being there it no longer "sees" it.

Fire departments often have the stickers or some form of it. They are free. It's such an easy step to take to be sure medical personnel will treat you according to your choices.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van