Photo Hosting

dewilso

Can someone here point me towards a easy to use  photo hosting website ? I looked at Flickr (already have an album there) & can’t figure out how to add an album for public access. Google Photos works, but shows anyone who accesses it. I want someplace to post ~10 pictures for selling my RV & tow vehicle.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jerryneal said:

Google Photo.  Free version downsizes the pic some, but still ok for 8 x 10s.  You set the folder to private, then invite others or the public at an Album level if you want to share.

Seems I heard that Google was doing away with their photo thing . I haven't any proof / research to back that , just what I've heard .

Even if they continue with it , I've never cared for the set up . You can only share a link to a pic and half the time that doesn't even work . 

Goes around , comes around .

6 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Seems I heard that Google was doing away with their photo thing . I haven't any proof / research to back that , just what I've heard .

Even if they continue with it , I've never cared for the set up . You can only share a link to a pic and half the time that doesn't even work . 

You might want to investigate Google again. Over the years it has changed a lot. While all the photo storage systems have limitations, the Google photo storage combined with an Android phone is about as convenient as it gets. It automatically uploads phone photos and stores them in high resolution (if you want) or it can store them in reduced resolution for free. The high resolution counts against your Google free storage limits - the reduced resolution does not. It is quite convenient and you can send a link to an album to someone and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell. But Google does have little really good documentation, so some of their features - that are there - are hard to find. A search usually gets you what you need. The system is intended for cloud storage. Manipulating those images on a local hard drive and managing them also in the cloud is probably not its "sweet spot".  If you are doing more professional photo image management I'd likely not use Google for management.....but for most hobbyists, it works pretty well. At least for me - I have thousands of photos in the Google cloud - its tools make dealing with them pretty easy. But I never try to do anything locally....only in the cloud.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I use the Microsoft OneCloud which integrates with Windows computers and preserves any file structure you may have your photos or documents in.  My DLSR creates new dated folders every time I download its photos and my phone's photos are automatically uploaded to a Camera Roll folder in almost real time.  I use the cloud for the primary storage for all documents I create; there are "shadow directories" on my "D" drive of all docs, but they are only downloaded when needed.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, Jack Mayer said:

You might want to investigate Google again. Over the years it has changed a lot. While all the photo storage systems have limitations, the Google photo storage combined with an Android phone is about as convenient as it gets. It automatically uploads phone photos and stores them in high resolution (if you want) or it can store them in reduced resolution for free. The high resolution counts against your Google free storage limits - the reduced resolution does not. It is quite convenient and you can send a link to an album to someone and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell. But Google does have little really good documentation, so some of their features - that are there - are hard to find. A search usually gets you what you need. The system is intended for cloud storage. Manipulating those images on a local hard drive and managing them also in the cloud is probably not its "sweet spot".  If you are doing more professional photo image management I'd likely not use Google for management.....but for most hobbyists, it works pretty well. At least for me - I have thousands of photos in the Google cloud - its tools make dealing with them pretty easy. But I never try to do anything locally....only in the cloud.

Thanks for that , Jack . 

I'll take another look and maybe find a source for that 'rumor' I heard .

Goes around , comes around .

Archived