Door Handle Volvo Fix

Cotreker

My problem was that when attempting to open the passenger door the handle moved up but was not connected to the rod any longer.  For those that have this issue or run into the issue the fix will cost you $14.00 from Volvo.  My dealer sells about 100 of these plastic attachment parts per month.  When I went to the counter with my broken part the parts person did not even need to look up the part number he just laughed.

Since I have had the door panel off previously to replace the speakers that part went pretty fast.  My connecting rod also came off the top ball attachment.  This is well hiden behind the electric door opener.  Remove the rail screws (2) and the (3) screws that hold the opener and you have easy access.  Pray open the pin side of the plastic connector to remove and carefully do reverse on new one.  Snap together the plastic connector and put on at least one tie wrap, ok use two.  Volvo sells these for $5 each, no I did not purchase one.

Longer term fix which I will do on the drivers door when it fails or maybe do this summer.  Reinforce the plastic Volvo part with JB Weld epoxy.  These fail, so I am told when the handle is pulled on too hard over and over.  The heat and cold do not help this type of plastic either.  What can be really expensive is if both fail at the same time and you cannot get into your truck, don't let this happen.  Small picture attached.  New news to me could be old news to many of you.

Dennis

Door.Handle.Fix sm.jpg

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Glad you got this all fixed up.  Hopefully you are getting the truck ready to go for the WCR in June. ;)

Are you going to make it again this year?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Hello Chad, 

Looking forward the WCR in June.  Working on a solar project, might need to pick your brain soon please.

No problem, just let me know.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Archived