This Walmart is very unfriendly to R.V.s

dgezy

37 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

Body language.   You can't tell when someone is mildly irritated or bothered ?

Sure, I can.  But if you never asked them, how do you know what their reaction is?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Camping can be a adventure.....

So....... Getting late and we are towing our open bed car trailer with Dollytrolley (old Century Freightshaker Tandem) and big rodeo is in progress at Winnemucca so NOT one RV space in town was open so was told no problem just go ask WalMart and the Manager and he said no problem and I said we were sorta big so we would park at the far end of the lot.......about 04:00 we hear folks talking outside for a few monents and then here a couple of rigs start and drive away.....

About 06:00 I open the windshield curtian and.......cars were PARKED about 2 feet in front and in back of us..... Hummmmm about a half hour goes by and a lady arrives to drive one of the cars off and I ask her why so many cars are parked so far from the store.....she smiles and says......well the folks that own these cars work at the mine 90 miles away and the mine van pool will bring them back at the......END OF THE week......

So.......I I just walked into WalMart and bought TWO floor Jack's and unhitched the car trailer and moved it SIDEWAYS and than drove the Dollytrolley out of the spot and rehitched and off we went.....

WalMart was ok.....the miners were OK....and we had plenty of floor Jack's for the rest of the trip.

Drive on......($ometimes you can get jacked-around at Wally'$)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

5 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Body language.   You can't tell when someone is mildly irritated or bothered ?

I suspect that question was because you said you never go in and ask so how would you see the body language?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We do not overnight at any store or any where else except a campground. We Do appreciative the opportunity to do so if needed. 

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, hemsteadc said:

I've stayed in many WM's and never asked permission at a  single one of them. They just seem irritated when you do that.

Ok, I'm kinda with chirakawa on this one. How can you claim they seem irritated when you ask, if you have NEVER asked? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

42 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Ok, I'm kinda with chirakawa on this one.

I have always asked at Walmart or any other parking lot and don't remember anyone having seemed annoyed by my asking. I do remember having been thanked for asking first. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived