Altitude Difference:  1,385 Ft.

Vertical Ascent;   8,995 Ft.

Max. Altitude:  5,195 Ft.

Min. Altitude:  3,810 Ft.

Vertical Distance:  18,149 Ft.

Vertical Speed:  0.78 Ft. / Sec.

Max. Slope:  4 Deg.

Min. Slope  -5 Deg.

Loading........only a few tons in the toybox.....

Ok boys and girls..........what was the Dollytrolley .........M P G?

Drive on..........How level and steady was your trip today?

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

1 hour ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

It doesn't matter what MGP you got......

It only matters that Dollytrolley Mama was happy!

No pencil required to calculate that answer!  So true...

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

I went from a truck with 430 HP to one with 550, in doing so because I use the power going up hills, seems like everywhere I go I am going up a hill my average fuel mileage has decreased about a mile per gallon from 7.5 to 6.5 and I don't care one darn bit.  I would much rather have the power then the mileage, I fully realize that to some folks mileage is of great concern but to me the safety and FUN of having a machine that climbs mountains and doesn't hold others up is MUCH more important.  I could probably get at least the same mileage with the Pete, as I did the Freightshaker but wheres the FUN in that, I am just an old kid and a hot rodder at heart.  Honk Honk.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 9/8/2018 at 5:03 AM, noteven said:

Let’s see ... M11with “only 370hp”, a manual with “only 10 cogs”, umm... referring to the Cummins data sheet for lbs/hp hour fuel, let’s see... ummmm...

9.658 statue miles per United States gallon!

On 9/8/2018 at 7:25 AM, HERO Maker said:

Between 6 to 10 MPG!!!!!!😀😎

On 9/8/2018 at 7:57 AM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

It doesn't matter what MGP you got......

It only matters that Dollytrolley Mama was happy!

On 9/8/2018 at 9:03 AM, rickeieio said:

No pencil required to calculate that answer!  So true...

14 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

I went from a truck with 430 HP to one with 550, in doing so because I use the power going up hills, seems like everywhere I go I am going up a hill my average fuel mileage has decreased about a mile per gallon from 7.5 to 6.5 and I don't care one darn bit.  I would much rather have the power then the mileage, I fully realize that to some folks mileage is of great concern but to me the safety and FUN of having a machine that climbs mountains and doesn't hold others up is MUCH more important.  I could probably get at least the same mileage with the Pete, as I did the Freightshaker but wheres the FUN in that, I am just an old kid and a hot rodder at heart.  Honk Honk.

Dave

wOw you guys are.....Smart.......100% right answers.....

MPG is a funny thing at times......one day we were configured to land a real fuel-hog and traffic was pretty heavy and the tower was trying to depart a few light aircraft in front of us when we were cleared to land......the last light aircraft had a fuel flow problem at initial power up so he aborted and tried to turn off at the first taxiway.....Capt called Go Around and keyed the mic and informed the tower that we were going around.....being the slave-copilot I was a bit miffed since I had much work to do in a short time.....we left a big black streak in the sky as the ole hog tucked up the landing gear and milked the flaps and turned a ton of fuel into a lot of noise......

Being a slave to a geezer Capt I had to measure my words somewhat so I muttered......" Company bean counters may not like this fuel leg today".....Capt smiles a evil smile and says......"kid, if you can't go around ......you just can't afford to.....FLY".

Ok with a fresh slap in the face l just tucked my tail and got configured to land the darn hog AGAIN!!!

If you can't afford the fuel......don't take off......

Drive on.....( I was grumpy before I was Capt.....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived